Recent Posts

IdaMae D.
on 5/23/19 4:43 am - Philadelphia, PA
Topic: 3 Exciting new events

Greeting to friends, followers, and supporters of Philly Family Life Counseling,

I have three exciting new events to share with everyone. The first regards Wyatt, our therapy support dog, who I often proudly refer to as "My Boy". Wyatt's training and qualifications have recently been expanded to include his certification by K-Pets.

"Keystone Pet Enhanced Therapy Services provides a network of dependable registered pet therapy teams whose passion is Touching Lives, Warming Hearts by providing comfort, encouragement and rehabilitation through human/animal interaction."

Yet he continues to find time to be a silly dog, when not working.

Second, I am so very thrilled to announce that Philly Family Life Counseling is now introducing our outstanding Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery (WLS) Coaching and Counseling Program to support your WLS journey. You are unique and deserve a high-quality backup program. We are looking for people to join us, those who are motivated to move past challenges that stand in the way of your WLS goals and earnestly desire to be the best equipped to achieve lifelong WLS success. To the best of my knowledge, our program is a one of a kind program that will successfully supplement any surgical team, improve outcomes, introduce new relationship tips with food, and support success. The group is beginning Saturday June 1. Please call to enroll: 215-677-3810

Third, another group is being formed, called Relationships In Recovery (RNR) Support Group, Counseling, & Coaching Program. I developed RNR in response to, and in collaboration with folk feeling worn out, angry, afraid, betrayed and overwhelmed by their spouse's recently achieved sobriety. The goal of the program is to focus on the non-addictive spouse, to boost overall strengths and the resiliency to make necessary and helpful changes; and to enhance nurturing self-care.

I am asking for your help as we set off on our maiden voyage. I would appreciate you passing the word of our 2 new programs to family and friends who are interested in WLS; those thinking about it or who have recently had Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery, as well as those needing to be again grounded in the basics involved in successful WLS. If you are considering WLS please think about the possible benefits of joining our outstanding WLS Coaching and Counseling Program. Also please let folk know about the benefits of RNR Support Group, Counseling, & Coaching Program for folk, whose spouses have recently entered abstinence from their addictive behaviors. Please let your friends and family know that RNR can be of help. The cornerstone of each program is our belief that YOU CAN DO IT!

If interested please call 215-677-3810 to register. The group will run each Saturday morning, from 10:30 to 12:00 noon for 8 weeks. The first meeting will be Saturday June 1, 2019 (no meeting Saturday July 6), and the session will conclude on Saturday July 27, 2019. The next group will begin in September. The first step to registering for the group, after making the initial call, is to have an individual/couples counseling session with me, Dr. Gene Devers.

The registration team at Philly Family Life Counseling are looking forward to completing your registration information and to assist you in discovering what parts of our program may be covered by your insurance provider. Give them a call at 215-677-3810.

Thanks for your interest and support,

Gene Devers/Philly Family Life Counseling, LLC

View All Even

IdaMae

ElianahSharon
on 2/26/19 5:24 pm
Topic: RE: After battling PEBTF

That took a lot of moxie to write and I applaud you! Lots of folks get MA now that PA is a Medicaid expansion state. Nothing to be ashamed of - we all need help sometimes. I work for welfare and I tell people that everyday and I believe it. Keep up the great work. It sounds like you're really back on track.

Sharon

Robinzero1
on 1/3/19 11:59 am
Topic: RE: I Got Kicked Out of Planet Fitness Today!!

I got kicked out this morning for talking on my cellphone with wireless headset using a treadmill. And I made the mistake of show the person I was talking on my phone the other people next to me when the manager Montrose Ohio facility came up to me to inform me my infraction. It gave me two infractions and grounds to cancel my membership. I was kicked out by via email. I apologized however it made no difference. I hope they cancelled the monthly dues.

TripleAxel
on 9/25/18 11:52 am
VSG on 09/20/18
Topic: RE: 12 Years!

Congratulations! Awesome!

Age 56. HW: 233 SW: 214 VSG 9/20/18, Hosp. of the Univ. of Pennsylvania, Dr. Noel Williams

ballroomdancer810
on 5/20/18 4:23 am
Topic: Dr. Griffins

Hi PAers,

I'm wondering if anyone had Dr. Griffins in central PA or Danville, PA. If so would you please give me some insight on his performance and answer a few questions I have?

Boogaloo
on 5/16/18 10:55 pm - PA
Topic: 12 Years!

Hi All,

Just checking in to let you know it's been twelve years since I had my surgery. I lost 120 lbs. and have kept it off. I try and new and interesting things, I travel - a LOT, and it's been good. I wanted to be sure to check in at least once a year because this site was so critically important to me when I had my surgery and if I can provide any encouragement to you as you navigate your way through this process, I am happy to do so. Good luck, rely on each other, and believe in yourself. You are on a remarkable journey - enjoy it!

love,

Lou

Shannon920
on 4/10/18 6:49 pm - Philadelphia, PA
VSG on 04/20/18
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

I have them. I would recommend you calling Keystone First to see if they cover revisions. I'm about to get VSG and my pre-op program took 3 months.

JenCMomof5
on 4/3/18 2:31 pm
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Hello, I know this post fron you was from almost a year ago, but If you are still on here i was wondering if you could tell me how long it took to get approval from keystone first and was it difficult? I dont have any big comorbidities and am afraid they wont approve me. I also had gastric bypass in 2003 so this would be a revision. Any help would be great.

Thank you

bosscoupe65
on 3/28/18 5:47 am - N Huntingdon, PA
Topic: RE: Pitttsburgh

is Dr Courcoulous still at magee?

Laura C.
on 10/17/17 6:58 am - Carbondale, PA
Topic: RE: Fistula

I've made my way back to this board after a few years. RNY done 07/10/07. Initial weight was 250 lost 110 pounds down to 140. I have been having severe hypoglycemia issues for the past 4-5 years. Recently I have become so unaware my sugars have gotten down to as low as 27 before I realized it was dropping. Along with that I cant get my B12 or my Vit D levels to anything that resembles normal, no matter how much I am supplementing including bi-weekly B12 shots. I finally got a referral to an endocrinologist a few months ago. After seeing her she ordered tests and decided my problem was reactive. She also decided that it is basically my fault because I don't eat right, even after she sent me to see nutrition who said I am still doing everything right. I basically forced the endocrinologist to give me a referral to surgery.

I have gained 25 pounds in the past year. The bariatric surgery program at my VA in Wilkes Barre is very new so they called the Pittsburgh VA who have had the program for years. Pittsburgh said they don't do revisions there, but told them to order me an upper GI series with Lower bowel as well so they can rule out problems. I went for that study last week and got the call yesterday that my study revealed that I have a fistula along my staple line. So it is allowing food to enter my original stomach instead of staying within the bypass. The surgeons at Pitt weren't available yesterday so I don't know where anything is going to go from here. I should know something this afternoon. If they decide revision is the answer, I'm sure they will refer me to a civilian doctor since Pittsburgh doesn't do them. Unless the Manhattan VA does them which is always a possibility.

Did you ever have yours fixed?

Most Active
3 Exciting new events
IdaMae D. · 0 replies · 5 views
Recent Topics
3 Exciting new events
IdaMae D. · 0 replies · 5 views
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 748 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 818 views
And DS groups in PA