Recent Posts

Laureen S.
on 5/10/12 11:00 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Topic: Friday - Whatcha Eating Today?
TGIF!!!  Another work week (for some of us) is ending. . .

My Plan:

B:  Gutted w/w everything bagel, with eggwhite, asparagus and feta omelet

S:  Other half of omelet

L:  Spinach salad with walnuts and cheese, fat free dressing

S:  Yogurt with strawberries

D:  Unsure what I am having for dinner at this point

S:  Also unsure. . .

Those are my plans, I am probably eating dinner out, so I will choose as healthy as the menu allows and repost to this later tonight. . .  Have a great weekend!

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

steffihope
on 5/10/12 10:43 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Topic: Fabulous Friday Roll Call
Hi all - Happy Friday - one more day closer to SUMMER!!!!!!!

I am at school, hoping for a quick day.  I am being observed today.  I am not really worried about it.  I do know what I am doing.  After school I am meeting some old friends for an early dinner.  One of the girls is about to deliver her first baby. So excited for her!  Then tonight I am pretty sure will be a quiet one.  Tomorrow is Emily's birthday party, so a weekend of celebrating will commence.

We are heading to the shore for Mother's Day.   I keep thinking that Mother's Day will get better as time passes - however, I am finding that I dislike it more and more.  This year I realized I don't like it because I have NO ONE to prepare for.  I dont' like my step-mom. I am not a huge fan of my step-dad's new wife, and besides, she is with her sons and NEVER invites us to anything.  So - that is it.  I try to let my kids do what they do.  And they dont know how I feel about it - but maybe getting away for the day might make it better.  We shall see

Have a GREAT Friday all and a nice weekend.
Lisa H.
on 5/10/12 11:22 am - Whitehall, PA
Topic: RE: Zumba - Demo at Barix next Wednesday, 5-16 & Sat., June 2nd
 OH MAAANNNNN...  I love zumba, but I can't make it to either... It's just too far for a weeknight and Saturday we have a Bar Mitzvah to go to in New Jersey.  

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 5/10/12 9:37 am - Philadelphia, PA
Topic: RE: Thursday Roll Call
Good Evening;

I completely understand unhappy in the workplace.  My last job - brutal and led me to current job (also had an amazing lawye for the problems in the workplace at the job I left)....let life lead you, you'll end up exactly where you are supposed to be...

IdaMae

IdaMae D.
on 5/10/12 9:34 am - Philadelphia, PA
Topic: RE: Wednesday Roll Call
Absolutely can relate...have fun with the renovation - since that asshole left I've had so much fun putting the tile/colors/paint together.....love that creative side of me - not that I'm tooting my own horn or anything LOL

IdaMae

bvohl
on 5/10/12 9:31 am
I am going to TRY to come to the Wednesday meeting, but if not, I will DEFINITELY be at the first Saturday as I will also be celebrating my surgiversary! Jill, I didn't know you were a June baby too!!

Small world!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

jastypes
on 5/10/12 3:05 am - Croydon, PA
Oh, that is exciting!  I've been wanting to try Zumba and I'll definitely be there on the first Saturday (which will also be when I celebrate my 5 year surgiversary)!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 5/10/12 1:17 am, edited 5/10/12 1:18 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Topic: Zumba - Demo at Barix next Wednesday, 5-16 & Sat., June 2nd

As we well know, exercise is the key to long-term successing and to that end, often in our leadership meetings with the powers behind Barix, we have asked if we could have people come in and demonstrate various types of exercising, so that people can be exposed to different things, as well as see that some things can be real fun. . . well change comes slowly, but finally change is here!!! Thanks Elena (the nutritionist) for pushing for this!!!

On Wednesday, May 16th, we will have a certified Zumba Instructor, Sharon, who is also a successing Weightloss Surgery patient of Barix. She will be there early to set up and the best news of all is that she will also be coming for another demo at the First Saturday meeting, June 2nd for those of you who cannot make next Wednesday's meeting!

So bring your dancing shoes and a towel and experience exercise that can be envigorating and energizing and doesn't feel like exercise. . . it's all about moving. . . if you are unsure, just come to see what it looks like.

And there is a possibility of having classes at Barix in the future, as I've been told they will pass around a sheet to see who is interested in them. . . now cost is not something I've heard nothing about, but wanted to give you all the info. . . Put those dates on your calendar and be there!!!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

jastypes
on 5/10/12 12:43 am - Croydon, PA
Topic: RE: Thursday - Whatcha Eating Today?
I don't want to make the same mistakes I made yestereday, so I am posting my plan for the day.

1 - egg, 2 small sausage links, 1/4 bagel
2 - banana
3 - lean cuisine and strawberries
4 - apple and cheese
5 - protein bar (I'm on the run tonight!)
6 - SF ice cream

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 5/9/12 10:44 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Topic: Thursday - Whatcha Eating Today?
Another day, another dollar, as I write this from work. . .

B:  Eggwhite omlet made with asparagus, reduced fat feta and w/w english (1/2)

S:  1/2 banana, stick of l/f cheese

L:  Liver and onions with small salad

S:  Yogurt and strawberries

D:  Leftovers from the other night

S:  Unsure. . .

Hope you have a good day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1772 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1867 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2550 views