Pre Surgery Shakes

jndrake
on 11/27/13 8:10 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Hi, I am finishing day two of my pre surgery shakes, I ordered half vanilla and half chocolate. So far I have to say that both are tolerable but I really am just muscling through the vanilla. I don't mind the chocolate ones at all.  I bought a couple of shakers tonight from GNC that have a little wire whisk ball inside them  to help break up any pieces and lumps which are grossdevilwhen you get one in your mouth.

I've tried cinnamon in the vanilla and I ordered a few sugar free Toranni syrups and hope they come soon.

two days down, 12 to go until surgery.

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

kim_pei
on 12/8/13 1:00 pm - Canada

You go girl....I cant wait to join you!

islandgirl041
on 12/21/13 2:15 am

Can you tell me how you got started in the process....did you need a referral from your doctor or anything like that?

macaulie4
on 12/21/13 10:43 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 07/09/13

Yes you need a referral from your family doctor, and you need to do some research on your on what type of surgery you would be interested in. PE I does not cover lap band surgery. I had  the sleeve done in July of this year, best decision of my life. But it isn't always the best choice for everyone. Post as many questions as you want, it may take a little while but someone will answer.  There is a bit of a long wait, so if you are serious about WLS, get your referral in as soon as possible. There are doctors in New Brunswick  and  Nova Scotia. There has been people go to Mexico to have it done too but that is out of pocket. Hope this is a little helpful.  I had my surgery done in Halifax and ended  up waiting 12 years, but I know a lady who had it done in Halifax and only waited 5 years. 

jndrake
on 12/23/13 2:38 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Hi, I spoke to my family doctor and said that I wanted a referral to Dr Beausolie in Moncton. He agreed to make the referral based on my BMI and history of attempts to loose weight. I had the referral made in May of 2012 and I met with the Surgeon for the first time in March 2013 and was sleeved on Dec 10th . For me it took 19 months from referral to surgery. Hope this helps.

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1192 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3777 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3810 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3611 views