Approximate Waiting Time List

Spezza_Fan
on 9/10/09 12:35 am, edited 6/1/10 12:12 am - Gatineau, Canada
Hi everyone,
I finally came upon a list of Quebec surgeons that do WLS and their approximate wait time for surgery, the number of patients they have and a contact number where you can call and schedule a consult. 

October 5th, 2007 - www.lepoidsquitue.com/Hop_Qc_Chirurgie_bar_10_05eng.pdf

March 20th, 2009 -  www.lepoidsquitue.com/presse/List_of_Hospitals_in_Quebec_030 9.pdf

November 5th, 2009 - http://www.lepoidsquitue.com/presse/%20Liste_des_hopitaux_du _Quebec_1109.pdf

Hope this helps! 

Derek
yayawhat
on 10/28/09 12:08 pm - Canada
Hi,

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks but feel confident after some consults to build a profile and jump in! I wanted to do a quick update. I met with Dr. Leclerc for the Lapband last week who gave me a 6 month waiting time. Today I met with Dr. Atlas who said that they were going to start doing VSG as day surgery for those whose BMI was 40-45 and were relatively healthy (ie recovery time easier). He also said that I could expect the surgery int he next 6 months. Just a vote of confidence for those of you who are just logging on and looking for wait time info, especially here in Quebec where this type of surgery can be underfunded.

Just call, even if you're not ready you'll have plenty of time to think about it during the wait time!
Spezza_Fan
on 10/29/09 2:22 am - Gatineau, Canada

Do you think I should call to see where I am at in the list? Yesterday marked 6 months after going to my consult with Dr. Garneau. Every day I wonder where I stand. Do you think I'm pushing it if I want to see where I'm at? Do they even know? Are they at liberty to tell me? You would think they would tell me 3 months in advance or so wouldn't they? 

Spezza_Fan
on 8/19/10 12:56 am - Gatineau, Canada
This is for the new people questioning the waiting time list with all the surgeons. This should be a sticky but I don't think this Forum has those.
(deactivated member)
on 8/21/10 1:21 am - Pierrefonds, Canada
 I personally think you should call. I feel bad enough just waiting for a consult, so I imagine waiting for the surgery itself would be even more nerve wracking. I think they would give some kind of hint as to within what time period, like they won't give you a date but they might say within 6 months, within 4 months, etc.

Omar
Spezza_Fan
on 8/23/10 12:54 am - Gatineau, Canada
Omar, that post was from a while back. I called back in May 2010 and they told me only 2 people ahead of me. My guess was they were going to call me before September but now that has changed since they don't do surgeries in the summer. My hope is to be operated by Christmas of this year. I hope they don't fail me again.
Most Active