Salem 4444 on the LOSERS bench

yayawhat
on 2/2/10 8:47 pm - Canada
So taking a page out of Brenda's book, I thought I'd start Diane her very own recovery thread especially since I didn't get to wish her good luck because I was sooo out of it. Diane can't wait to have you back here on the thread comparing notes and letting us know how you're doing.

For instance I already have a question, the Rockland MD nurses gave me a different eating schedule than the one we received from the nutritionist, did you get a different one post op? Which one are you following?

I can't believe we're sleeeeved! Brenda hope you're ready to coach us through the next few weeks

salem4444
on 2/3/10 3:09 am - Canada
Hi guys I am writing this on my Iphone from my hospital bed...
Everything went very smooth, but they will keep me until tomorrow because my blood pressure was a little bid high. It's been easier than I tought but surely the morphin shots helps!!
I am not hungry or nauseaus at all.
Glad you are feeling well too Kass. I didn't received any info for the diet yet. At the pre op info ,they told 1 oz every hour the first day, but i didn't have anything yesterday. Today I had to drink 4oz of a kind of apple juice for the scan to check for leaks. Everything seems ok. Today they gave me a jello and a broth but i cannot eat not hungry.
As i am writing this message,
I just received a visit from Martine , the bariatric nurse.
She said that she is trying to reach you Kass, so you could call her...she said that rockland give a diet with longer liquids, but she prefers that we follow the hospital diet.

So glad to be on the losers bench, and believe me preops it's easier than I tought.

(( hugs))
Diane
                                              HW 320 SW 299  goal W 150 CW 138 (5' 7 " ) 
At Goal !!!

Spezza_Fan
on 2/3/10 3:45 am - Gatineau, Canada
Hi Diane! I'm so glad you are sleeved and doing fine! It's great to hear from you. I wasn't expecting to hear back from you until tomorrow at the earliest. I don't know if I'll want to be on my PC once I get sleeved. While you're there and in good company with Martine maybe you could ask her to slot me in sometime soon. LOL That would be awesome cuz the longer I drool looking at you girls lose weight the more I get anxious for surgery! Slip her a 20$ and I'll repay you once we meet ;). Take good care of yourself and follow your routine to a "T".

Talk to you soon! Let me know what Martine says about my request ;)

Derek -xxx-
Brenda B.
on 2/3/10 5:29 am - Gaspé, Canada

Hey there Diane! Glad all went well and that you're doing great.  Try to drink a little even if your not hungry. Even a couple of sips does your body wonders.  You are probably still hooked to an iv, but once that is gone it will be crucial for you to sip sip sip away to help your body get the fluids and nutrience (even small amount) it needs.  The challenge for the next few months girls is to eat as much as you can to help the healing process!  Yeah I know you are shaking your heads. Before surgery we had to stop eating now we need to try and eat! Crazy! Til next chat......
Take it easy both of you :)

Brenda B, HW 328 PreSW 298 CW 156 Goal 165 
AT GOAL..................NORMAL BMI! DOING THE HAPPY DANCE

Gabriella21
on 2/3/10 11:34 am - Roxboro, Canada
Hi Diane,

Yooohooo!!! Sleeved congrats!! As I asked Kassandra...what name are you going to give your new sleeve?

I'm so happy you are doing well and that the surgery was good and uneventful!

The first few weeks are tough (as I've heard) adjusting to a new life..but you will soon see the pounds just slide right off you (and Kassandra too) and Brenda is doing great already!

Just knowing that you guys are sleeved is making me very anxious for my own day to come...can't wait!!

And hey...Derek...not fair!!! lol    (PSST...Diane  I'll give ya $40 to slip to Martine...lol)

Anyway hope you are resting and taking care of yourself and as we are all learning sip,sip,sip...walk,wak,walk!!

Take care and chat soon.

Most Active