I'm back!!

salem4444
on 2/4/10 10:36 pm - Canada
Hey, where are you guys?? I am back from the hospital since yesterday, had a very good night sleep in MY bed... I am feeling very well today... A little pain when I breath deeply and some when I burp!! But it is far  better than I imagined. I have no nausea at all, I am not hungry. The difficult part is finding something I can drink and getting enough in... I am trying different things... plain water, cold, warm, I can't... The popsicle I made with proteins bullet are the easiest to take. I also like Jello made with protein powder. Something sweet but not too much, I dilute a lot and that's ok.

Hey, I GAINED 5 pounds in the hospital !!! Maybe due to the IV. I am back today on where I was before surgery. Hope that it will start to go down soon!

Derek and Ada, I wish you will be called soon to begin this wonderful journey!
I was ready with your money for Martine, but I didn't get to see her again

Brenda, stay posted as I will surely need your advices soon!

Kass, How are you? Which liquid do you take and keep well? How much are you able to get down? Yesterday, I took only 10 Onces, but I was hooked on IV till noon.

So have a nice day all and I will keep you posted on my progress ( not much I can do but to be on the PC now!)

((hugs))
Diane
                                              HW 320 SW 299  goal W 150 CW 138 (5' 7 " ) 
At Goal !!!

Brenda B.
on 2/4/10 11:44 pm - Gaspé, Canada
I'm still checking in on you guys............... You seem to be doing well and don't worry about the weight gain it will flu****self out with time.  Focus on getting as much sipping as you can and don't worry so much about the quantities just yet. Just do your best and get as much as you can in for now.  If you can keep taking your protein that is wonderful. I am forwarning both you and Kass, the poop issue will come up and you will get constipated so keep and eye on that.  It will be of a different texture and color for quite awhile. All normal after postop.  If you don't get a BM every two or three days, you'll need to take something.  We don,t have as much food coming in so our BM are fewer and farther apart. Our body needs a little help post op as we don't take in as much fiber either.  This was the lesson for today..............POOP talk :)

Brenda B, HW 328 PreSW 298 CW 156 Goal 165 
AT GOAL..................NORMAL BMI! DOING THE HAPPY DANCE

Spezza_Fan
on 2/4/10 11:52 pm - Gatineau, Canada

Hi Diane,
Glad to see you are back home and sleeping in your own bed. It must be a great feeling! While watching the biggest loser on Tuesday, one of the contestants had to get her pancreas removed and so they did emergency surgery. The doctor told her that because it was done laproscopically they inject a fair number of litres of sal****er inside the body to keep the organs from swooshing around therefore having an extra 5 pounds inside your body wouldn't surprise me so don't worry about it. The lbs will be coming off shortly. I'm still hanging around waiting for that phone call. If I could get it before April I would consider myself a happy camper.

So what do you feel has changed? When you mean you're not hungry, can you describe the feeling? Cuz I'm often not hungry but I could eat. Is it a feeling of being full like after a big Xmas supper?

Sorry for all the questions but I think I'm as excited as you are!!!

salem4444
on 2/5/10 12:59 am - Canada
Thanks Brenda, for those info... Haven't had any BM yet, but some gases from surgery... But I am still on clear liquids. I'll check that, I bought some benefiber in case...

Derek, I am still early on from surgery, but I feel as if never eat again, it will be ok. I don't feel full as after a big dinner ( I am still on liquids) but I smell food from my family meals and I find it smell good, but I don't care not eating it. I hope it will stay that way. It seems now that I am always eating, it takes me 20 min for 1/4 cup of jell-o, same time for broth, water, etc... so I have always something in my mouth, and I feel satisfied. It's weird, food doesn't taste good or bad, it's just something I need. I really hope this is the way it will always feel!

Feel free to ask any question Derek, it will help you prepare for when your time will come.  The more important is to remember that everybody is different, but I try to eat real slow, and to listen carefully to my new tummy!

Diane
At Goal !!!

Gabriella21
on 2/5/10 8:38 am - Roxboro, Canada
Hi Diane,

So glad to hear from you and sooooo happy to hear that you are home, sleeping on your bed and not feeling hungry. I think that's all we really want ...to not feel hunger and lose weight and never gain back an ounce!

I hear that the process is slowwwww at the beginning and trying to get in all of the proteins we need but slowly but surely you'll achieve it.

Diane...I have heard on other sites that the protein bullets aren't the best choices for protein...what can you tell me about them? I don't really know too much about them.

Also I'm curious all the time sooooo...did the Dr.staple your incisions or suture them or use glue? Since I had a c-section I was stapled so I know what that feels like.

Derek...I saw The Biggest Loser too...didn't Miggy have her appendix out and not her pancreas?(I'm confused now...)

So keep on sipping...and burping ...and f**rting and you'll feel fantastic very soon!!

Ciao for now

salem4444
on 2/5/10 9:53 am - Canada
Hi Ada, I don't know much either about protein bullets, apart that they give 42 g of proteins in a small quantity of liquid... I have seen somewhere that these whey proteins were not as good because of the collagene that are in those, but I don't know. much, if you have more info, I would appreciate... Some others say that they are the best proteins...They taste like jello but real concentrated, so diluted, they made good popsicles.

I have 6 incisions, about 0,5 cm to 2 cm, and they are stapled. I look like I was gun wounded, with all those small staples incisions!

good night!

Diane
At Goal !!!

yayawhat
on 2/5/10 10:44 am - Canada
Hi guys,

Diane I'm so glad you're doing well, maybe it's the extra days in the hospital that help-- I've had a rough week. The CO2 back up in my shoulders really hurt and I did have nausea even just sipping water. Last night I vomited and it was so so painful. Today I feel much more 'with it' had some oatmeal, soup, jello and managed to go outside too. I find burping painful too hurts my stomach. Sorry I haven't been on much, its just low energy and exhaustion. Hope to updating more soon.

night night

salem4444
on 2/5/10 11:17 am - Canada
I am so sorry you don't feel so well Kass... Surely the 2 days more in the hospital helped. I had morphine shots for the first days, so the pain was really tolerable.And, even if I didn't drink water at all, I was hook on IV, so no dehydratation.  I  am lucky I don't have nausea, as I heard vomiting is really painful. Today, I took a total of 1 liter of liquid, but I cannot drink anymore, If I  take one more sip, I have a burning pain in my sternum and in the back. I think I will keep on clear liquid tomorrow, not feeling quite ready for full liquids.

Rest and take care!

((Hugs))
Diane

At Goal !!!

Most Active