needing some help pertaining to protein drinks after being sleeved

Amanda J.
on 7/27/12 4:04 pm - St-Laurent, Canada
i was sleeved on august 18,2011,up to date ive lost close to 70 pounds,bjut ive now been on a stall for a few weeks,Martine and my doctor sugessted i try drinking protein skhakes,not optifast,as well as start with liquids for a week and that wiuld jump start the weight loss again,for mevi have a severe brain condition causing me headaches so i do try as much as i can take when it comes to exercising,i walk most places and try to dance in my home,also i have a drain in my lower back and stomach,the last time i did alot of exercise i pulled my drains out,SO MY QUESTION IS:Dose anyone have any recipies and steps to msy a protein shake that is ediable(vanilla optifast i had trouble swallowing).SO ANY ADVICE AND RECIPIES FOR GOOD SHAKES WOULD HELP ME SO MUCHM 
Onward and
Downward

on 7/28/12 9:55 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
Thank you so much for asking this!  I was going to start a thread asking about what kind of protein shakes people here use as well.  I went into a health food store and felt like a deer in the headlights looking at all the different kinds, and I was worried about buying a giant jar of that stuff and then discovering that it's gross or something.  I know from my nutrition class what I'm supposed to look for on the label, but only the awesome folks here can give me reviews of which ones they actually LIKE.

Looking forward to seeing what people have to say!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Ana_1978
on 7/29/12 12:07 am - Canada
 Hey guys! 

I have to say that after my 2 week-liquid diet I have not been able to dring ANY protein shakes. And I have tried many. I just can't stand the after taste! What works for me is: frozen fruits (mangoes and strawberries are my favorite, but they all work) + no fat greek yogurt + a little bit of juice + beneprotein. It's more like a protein smoothie, rather than a protein shake, but it's super yummy!

If youre on the go, there's the Extreme Protein smoothie from Jugo Juice with no less than 46g of protein!! 

Hope that helps!

Ana
StartW: 246.8    SurgeryW: 206.4        ThisW: 136.6

Onward and
Downward

on 7/29/12 9:36 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
Thanks - this is good info.  I would prefer to make my own stuff anyhow.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Barbara_journey
on 7/29/12 10:58 pm - Canada
I didnt mind the optifast... and I think I prefere it to the Whey protein I have now.. from Costco. It's chocolate, it's not bad, but it's thick and it never tastes cold... I put COLD milk and it still doesn't taste cold! On the weekend I made a smoothy, frozen peaches, honey greek yogurt, juice and beneprotein and it was DELISH! It sat SUPER well too! I would suggest going back to basic's, used your food guide and follow the 5 week program in it. Also try to make good healthy protein choice - no carbs and be sure to choose DENSE proteins, to keep  you full longer. These are purly suggestions, as I am in NO way a pro! Just what I have seen on the forum... 

Amanda J.
on 7/30/12 3:58 am - St-Laurent, Canada
 thanks everyone,I went to Costco and bought premier protein shakes already made as wassugestid by another member,and I will try the smoothie,

Amanda J.
on 7/30/12 1:39 pm - St-Laurent, Canada
also at costco i found protein chips,barbeque flavored,they are really good with 20 grams of protein 130 calories per bag and theres 8 bags in a box for 8-9$. And im goimg to see how it goes using pur protein chocolate shakes as my breakfast tomorrow,but thank you to everyone for your input,and im the first to admit ive had some mistakes and im at a stall,but lije my dovtorsays hes happy with the loss,they look at it over 2 years,but happy i caught my errors now,and happy i have my mom starting her journey with me,it was hard with herveati g and doing anything but its all changing now,my only other problem is exercise as i cant do all that much waiting for another brain surgery,

Most Active