Waiting, waiting, waiting and it's getting me down.

Kelley_girl123
on 2/15/13 10:37 am - St. Bruno, Quebec, Canada

It has now been well over two years since I was placed on the waiting list.   For the longest time I kept my hopes up that it would be my turn but it's getting harder and harder.        My knees are starting to bug me, it's hard to sleep at night due to pain in the legs.    I want to be ME again..    

I am sooo prepared and ready.   What keeps me going is reading all of your success stories.   You all have done amazingly.     I cannot wait for it to be my turn.   I have reached out to Martine and she told me the list is two years for Dr Denis but that depends on other factors....  Not sure what that means but will try to keep my head up.      I

Thanks for listening..      Mostly venting.  Lol.      

Kellie

Gabriella21
on 2/15/13 11:49 am - Roxboro, Canada

Hi Kellie,

Waiting is tough...I should know...I waited in total of almost 7 years. Don't get discouraged because for myself I waited 5 years for a "consult" with Dr.Christou that never happened that I decided to look elsewhere and find Dr.Garneau and 2 years later...ta...da...!!

So all this to say it will happen. Martine is a very sweet and kind person but her hands are tied with the doctor's schedules. Take this time to try and move a bit more and also if you can try cutting down on foods that you know aren't good for you...in effect give it a kick start. I wish I had...

I know about the knee problems unfortunately. I am now a very active person. I'm at the gym 5-6 days a week have lost a total so far of 165 pounds (11 months post-op) but I have severe knee problems as a direct result of my weight, osteo-arthritis and falling alot. Now am in the process of consulting with surgeons because I will need double knee replacement surgery...and I'm just 49. I know it hurts...but you need to try. If you're not part of a gum...start going if you can. A good gym is trained to help you without hurting you. I go to Mansfield in the west island and they are fantastic.

Good luck to you and keep us posted!

Ada

Kelley_girl123
on 2/17/13 5:45 am - St. Bruno, Quebec, Canada

I think I was just extra down the other day.     I know that when my turns comes,  it's because that is when it was meant to happen.   I shall be patient and keep my head up high and start preparing even more.   :-).     I have been buying supplies here and there and  will prepare a shelf i the pantry just for moi.     I bought the laptop lunchbox which looks sooooo cool.     

I absolutely love reading all of your stories.    You all have done amazingly.    :-).  heart

sweet_sylvie
on 2/17/13 6:07 am
I know the feeling :( i'm waiting too and for me 2 years is alot. Gabrielle, how was dr. Garneau? Was he nice, would you do back? Im not going to the gym because I have 4 kids and got no time but i'm trying to avoid junk food and soft drinks.
Gabriella21
on 2/18/13 10:58 am - Roxboro, Canada

Dr.Garneau was fantastic!! Very patient, fantastic bed side manners. Answered all my questions and never rushed me. Even now post op I have seen him 3-4 times and fantastic. I would absolutely go back to him. Very knowledgeable man!!

It will be tough with 4 kids but you need to be able to commit some time to yourself. I'm sure things will work out. I know my gym offers daycare maybe the ones near you do to.

I felt that I needed to be accountable to "someone" to work out and this is working for me.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Most Active