***English Support Meeting***

Gabriella21
on 3/16/14 8:09 am - Roxboro, Canada

Hi everyone,

English support group meeting every 3rd. wednesday of the month.

March 19th 7-9 Very special guest coming to speak about plastic surgery. He is actually my fabulous plastic surgeon having undergone a pannelectomy on January 22nd and am scheduled for a breast lift on April 16th.

If you will be joining us and have any questions for him please let me know and will forward your questions to him so he can be prepared for the meeting.

St.Laurent Community Centre

1375 rue Grenet room AB117 (first floor near the security desk).

H4L 5K3

Thanks and a wonderful evening to all.

Ada

starlightlu
on 3/17/14 12:04 am - Canada

Hi, I am planning to attend this meeting as I am at the stage where I am starting to consider PS. Can you tell me which doctor will be at the meeting. One of my concerns at the moment is that I have lost 110 lbs but my skin looks fabulous. I have great tonicity and worry very much that RAMQ won't cover a tummy tuck. The problem however, is my posture. After having lost soooo much weight, my posture has changed dramatically and i have awful bak pain cuz of this. I actually have to do physio to alleviate some pain. Do you think RAMQ would consider to cover since I suffer from bad posture and all that ensues.

Second question, what type of technique does he use for abdominplasty? There's one surgeon I researched who does a mini-dissection that does not require general anesthesia. What's the fleur de l'yse technique. Cost for a full tummy tuck? Does he operate on smokers?

Thx soo much, hope to see u at meeting.

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

Gabriella21
on 3/17/14 1:08 pm - Roxboro, Canada

Hi,

The doctor is Dr.Hani Sinno (from of the Jewish General Hospital). You are very fortunate that your skin is toned...so hopefully you won't need too much PS done.

All your questions are important and I will forward to Dr.Sinno. He is the best person to answer them. All I can say is that you need to be evaluated firstly by the surgeon and will need a referral from your bariatric surgeon. Following the consult, you need to have pictures taken (yes naked...) and the pics and evaluation are sent to the RAMQ and they decide.

I will definitely be there...see you then.

Ada

Brenda B.
on 4/17/14 12:17 pm - Gaspé, Canada

Ada is there a way to meet the surgeon on a regular doctor referral.  I have not seen dr Christou's since he is in private pratice.  A breast lift is my first need :-)

Brenda B, HW 328 PreSW 298 CW 156 Goal 165 
AT GOAL..................NORMAL BMI! DOING THE HAPPY DANCE

DanielaGiron
on 3/17/14 4:36 am - Canada
VSG on 12/09/13

I'm just 3 month post-op and the first thing I want done is arms, just wondering if RAMQ would cover for sever... Hanging lol thanks

Gabriella21
on 3/17/14 1:11 pm - Roxboro, Canada

Hi,

You will need to wait once your weight has stabilized to start plastic surgery. I have alot of skin on my arms having lost 180 lbs. I am quite muscular but the skin looks awful. I was approved for tummy tuck, breast lift, arms and legs.

Take care,

Ada

starlightlu
on 3/17/14 7:08 pm - Canada

THAT'S AMAZING!!!!!!! Can you tell me which doctor you are dealing with?

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

Gabriella21
on 4/18/14 1:26 am - Roxboro, Canada

Hello...the surgeon is Dr.Hani Sinno and his office is at the Jewish General Hospital. He is fantastic! Just got my breast lift done this past wednesday

MikkiMouse
on 4/28/14 3:20 am - Quebec, Canada

Can you advise me if there are any English Support Meetings in the Quebec City Area?  I am coming to Montreal this Thursday to have the consultation with the Nutritionist at the Sacred Heart Hospital.

Gabriella21
on 4/28/14 9:32 pm - Roxboro, Canada

Hello,

Am not sure about Quebec City meetings in English...I can ask the moderator from our meetings if she knows of any and can get back to you.

Good luck this thursday!

Ada

Most Active