Hello - After two years, I will be seeing the Nutrionist and getting blood work done on May 1

MikkiMouse
on 4/28/14 3:29 am - Quebec, Canada

Hello Everyone!  I was so happy to see there is a Quebec Support Group.   I live in Quebec City, and saw Dr. Henri Atlas two years ago to discuss VSG surgery.  I wasn't sure that I was ever going to get a call from the hospital, but they called me last week, and I will be driving to Montreal on Thursday to get my blood work done and to see the Nutritionist.  The nurse advised me that the surgery could be in June, July August or September this year.  This is scary and exciting!

I have managed to lose 50 pounds over the past two years, which is 50 pounds I gained after seeing the Doctor, and dealing with medications, etc.  The nurse recommended that I buy the IdealFast (two weeks) while I am in Montreal.  I am wondering if these are vegetarian friendly.  I switched over to a vegetarian diet for the last three months, and I have never felt better.

I am looking for friends and support through this journey.  I moved from Vancouver to Quebec, and cannot say my social network has grown with my waistline! ;(  

I am curious about Plastic Surgery afterwards.  I am certain I will need to get A LOT of work done afterwards.  Is this covered by RAMQ or will I be paying out of pocket?  Being that I am out of town, I will be staying in a hotel for a week or two after my surgery.

I look forward to hearing from anyone regarding there experiences.  I would also really like to hear from anyone who has had Dr. Henri Atlas as their surgeon.

Thanks!

justpete
on 4/28/14 9:38 pm
VSG on 04/02/13

welcome to la belle provence! I'm personally not fond of the vegetarian diet after WLS.  Its very very carb heavy to try and get in your daily protein amount and the volume of food could be difficult to take in.  I also dont like the vegan protein powders which gritty and taste bad to me.  But to each their own!  you might make things easier on yourself if you allow eggs, dairy, and maybe even fish ... that would make things a lot simpler.

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

Most Active