Plastic surgery Consutlation this thursday

justpete
on 4/28/14 9:42 pm
VSG on 04/02/13

I finally got the call for my plastic surgery consultation and wil lbe doing that this thursday may 1, 2014. It will be at the Montreal General Hospital with Dr Mario Luc ... if anyone has information to share on this doctor or his team, please let me know.  First surprise for me was the 100$ required to take pictures to send to RAMQ ... it guess i can understand that, but seems a bit expensive!

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

starlightlu
on 5/1/14 11:39 pm - Canada

great news..how did your consult go?

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

justpete
on 5/2/14 12:27 am
VSG on 04/02/13

They put in for a pannilectomy, chest, and inner thigh.  The chest and thigh is very unlikely to pass RAMQ, and the pannis area is far from a sure thing either.  pretty discouraging that these thing might not be deemed necessary after losing 239 lbs from my lifetime high weight.  The doctor wasn't really encouraging, spent most of the time telling me what he wouldnt do and downgrading the outcome of the procedures.  Guess he doesnt want to get my hopes up.  I would have preferred to hear that he would do as much as he could, in the best way possible within the confines of what was approved.  Instead he seemed to want to establish limits ... like on the pannis area, they only go as far back on the sides as 'they can easily reach' with me lying flat on my back ... when he pointed this spot out to me it was way to far forward and would leave a huge sac of skin on the sides.  He was professional, but the attitude seemed defeatist and minimalistic.  I think I will look around for a more positive and aggressive doctor to do the procedure if it gets approved.

The photo place did allow me ot have a digital copy of the photos, which are nice to have.  not putting these anywhere near the internet though ... they are pretty horrendous.  :(

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

starlightlu
on 5/6/14 10:17 am - Canada

my 2 sense… I've seen 3 PS and by far the best was Dr. Hani Sinno from the Jewish General. I have decided to have my surgery with another surgeon (though Dr. Sinno was hands down my first choice) and advice you to see Dr. Sinno for paperwork. He is sooo confident and optimistic and definitely worth your time. 

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

justpete
on 5/6/14 8:31 pm
VSG on 04/02/13

thanks i definately will look around.  unfortunately the guy i saw already submitted paperwork.  not sure if i'm locked into him now and need to reapply or what.  have to enquire.  thanks for the recommendation

Barbara_journey
on 5/8/14 3:05 am - Canada

You are definitely not "locked in" with the dr who did the request... basically the gov't will send YOU and the DR a letter stating if you were approved or not approved and that is your "golden ticket". You can then go to any surgeon who does plastic's under RAMQ. I think it is ridiculous that the top of the tummy tuck is not covered if required and I agree that you should really have a connection with your surgeon, you want them to want to help you and also you want them to be proud of the work that you will be showcasing for the rest of your life!! I also 100% recommend Dr Sinno, he is AMAZING! I am having my fleur de lys tummy tuck in August with another P/S and I have a reason as to why, however, I applied for my arms, thighs and a breast lift with Dr Sinno! I'm crossing my fingers!!!

I think you should follow your gut!

Best of luck...

sleevelena
on 8/24/15 9:17 am
VSG on 10/16/12

Wondering if there's any update to this as I've been waiting since november 2014 for consult.

justpete
on 8/25/15 6:05 am
VSG on 04/02/13

it takes a long time and it varies with each doctor.  I would contact them and ask what the time table is like.   I still have not had my surgery and have had to change doctors.  grats on your phenominal weight loss BTW!

Most Active