Is anybody out there?

Vicky_S
on 11/14/13 12:26 am - MA

I had lapband surgery 5 yrs ago.  Lost 60 lbs and gained 55 of it back.  I used to hang out in the Rhode Island forum alot (even though I am from MA) because I had my surgery in RI and attended RI support groups.  BUt it doesn't look like too many post in here anymore.  Is that the case?  Where do you all hang out now?

Aracay
on 1/19/14 4:02 pm - Cranston, RI

Not sure if this is the same Vicky I knew 5 yrs ago or so.  I also had lapband in 2008, in Sept.  I used to attend all the meetings.  Have not been in probably 3-4 yrs or so and never come on the boards.  Would love to catch up with you.

Cara

Cara 

When you get older, you realize it's a lot less about your place in the world but your place in you.  It's not how everyone views you, but how you view yourself.  - Natalie Portman

Vicky_S
on 1/23/14 9:01 am - MA

Hi Cara!  Yes, this IS the same Vicky.  How good to hear from you. I hope you've been well.  Has the lapband been everything you hoped it would be?  For me... no          :(  unfortunately.  Send me a private message if you'd like to catch up by phone or in person.  Thanks for responding!!

Hugs,

Vicky

alexia3
on 1/21/14 4:17 pm - N Scituate, RI

Weird.  I decided to check out what's going on as well.  Another lapbander from that same timeframe. I have been having issues with my band for a long time.  It has been completely unfilled for a few years now.  I still throw up often from it.  I have finally made the decision that it's time for it to be removed. I have been pushing this off for a while I think because I'm afraid to go back to Dr Roye and officially be a failure at this.  I see him in a few weeks.  I know the band needs to come out but I'm not sure if I want to have a revision of some type.  I guess it Is long overdue

Vicky_S
on 1/23/14 9:07 am - MA

Hi Alexia - I believe we've met at support group meetings, so long ago.  Your problems sound like the same thing I am going through.  Fill... unfill... fill... unfill.  I still get stuck on the things we are SUPPOSED to eat but the 'bad" things, oh no... they go RIGHT down with no problem.  I've been to see Dr. Pohl about a revision to gastric bypass.  Going through the necessary tests now, hoping he can justify a "complication" to United Healthcare.  I too feel like such a failure, fallen in and out of deep depressive issues.  All this over weight....... ugh.

I hope all goes well when you visit Dr. Roye.  Send me an update.

Take care,

Vicky

alexia3
on 1/26/14 9:01 am - N Scituate, RI

Yes Vicky, we did meet a while ago.  I hope all goes well with your testing!  Did Dr Pohl say if a removal and revision would be one or two surgeries?  Im poking around a bit on revision boards as well.  

alexia3
on 2/11/14 10:33 am - N Scituate, RI

I met with Dr Roye on Friday.  He said he is taking out a lot of bands and hearing similar stories.  We discussed if I wanted any type of revision.  He suggested now does 2 types of surgery, bypass and sleeve.  I had asked him about the sleeve just before I got my lapband and it was not a surgery he was doing.  I regret now not waiting.

He would suggest a revision to a bypass rather than the sleeve due to possible scar tissue and leakage.  I am looking into the bypass now and have to go through some of the testing once again

Vicky_S
on 3/13/14 3:41 am - MA

Hi Alexia - how are things going with your journey?  It seems like it's taking forever for me but I just keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it in the end and to have patience!

luxurycouture
on 3/19/14 10:34 am
Ribigman
on 4/4/14 12:18 pm
VSG on 04/10/14

Going in for a VSG this coming Thursday, very excited!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Blah
kathleen j. · 0 replies · 2636 views
RI VSG support group
becca9891 · 0 replies · 3342 views
Kent Hospital Bariatric team
Clamcake65 · 1 replies · 5025 views
Seeking Surgery Buddies!
delprov · 2 replies · 5838 views