Seeking Surgery Buddies!

delprov
on 8/6/15 7:58 am - Johnston, RI

Hi there,

I'm from Johnston, 26/f 3 weeks til surgery, wondering if anyone out there is also having surgery soon or is in the process and could use advice or is post surgery and wouldn't mind sharing some insight, tips, advice, etc. from Rhode Island?... I can't possible be the only one?!

ladygodiva1228
on 8/28/15 5:10 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On August 6, 2015 at 7:58 AM Pacific Time, delprov wrote:

Hi there,

I'm from Johnston, 26/f 3 weeks til surgery, wondering if anyone out there is also having surgery soon or is in the process and could use advice or is post surgery and wouldn't mind sharing some insight, tips, advice, etc. from Rhode Island?... I can't possible be the only one?!

Hi there, the RI forum isn't very active, but Dr. Pohl is my surgeon and I have been going to him for 11 years.  I originally had the lap band (done in Mexico) and Dr. Pohl was my follow up surgeon in the states.  After 7 years with the band I started to have issues and just this February revised to the bypass.

Some tips for the hospital stay chap stick, cellphone and charger, wear something loose and comfy the day your are admitted that way you can just slip it back on for when you're discharged.  Have who ever will be driving you home afterwards bring a pillow so you can hold it against your stomach for the ride home.  I know how bumpy those RI roads are.

Which surgery will you be having? 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Clamcake65
on 9/14/16 8:33 am
VSG on 10/17/16

Hi,

It's been 3 months, since I've been on this site.

I've, been busy all summer, getting my mandatory appointments done.

My VSG, is sceduled for Oct. 17, 2016.

I'm, a little nervous, because Dr. G, said I have a lot of scar tissue, from previous surgeries.

I would be devastated, if I woke up and she wasn't able to do the surgery.

I have to stay positive.

Is, there any other people sceduled for Oct., @ Kent Hospital?

Thanks

Most Active
Recent Topics
Blah
kathleen j. · 0 replies · 2636 views
RI VSG support group
becca9891 · 0 replies · 3342 views
Kent Hospital Bariatric team
Clamcake65 · 1 replies · 5025 views
Seeking Surgery Buddies!
delprov · 2 replies · 5838 views