Progress at last.

HogRider
on 8/8/11 6:42 am - Jacksonville, FL
 I have been researching WLS for sometime now.  

My PCM wasn't very supportive and less than enthusiastic about getting me a refferal.  His staff did not know how to put in referrals, did not follow-up with me or the insurance company.    Wasted over a month just trying to educate them.

Fired PCM.   

Found another PCM.  

Called Tricare Prime service center Wednesday last, wanted to change pcm's.  Asked how long it would take?  They said it is immediate if you have a complaint.  So the change was efffective as I hung up the phone.  I got an appointment for the next  (Thurday) morning.  Talked with my new PCM, ex-navy type.  easier to talk with someone who at least walked in my shoes for awhile as a member of the military.  I told her what I was wanting to do, she reviewed my history , said I was qualified and submitted the referral the same day.  I received the call today from the surgeons office telling me they got the referral to be seen.  My appointment is Wednesday afternoon. Hopefully surgery is not to far off after that. 

So far I have already completed:

Education meeting - Good
Dietician meeting - Good
UGI Test - Good
H Pylori Test - negative
Sleep study - No apnea

Anything else to look forward besides pre-op diet?  Blood work?

Thanks.

P.S. Hope you all enjoy the humor I post.....I found out along time ago....humor is the best medicine.  As well as a good single malt scotch.

ladyprof
on 8/8/11 6:49 am - Marion, AR
Looks like you're chugging along...you had to do a lot more pre-op than I have.  The bad news is, though, there probably aren't a lot of single malt scotch's in your near future :)

johnsoca
on 8/8/11 8:13 am - Madison, AL

You may also have to have

EKG
Cardiac Stress Test
Pulmonary Function testing
Chest X-Ray
TB Skin Test
Abdominal ultrasound
For females --
Mammogram
Pap Smear
For males - prostate cancer screening

Every doc seems to be a little different in what they require.

HogRider
on 8/8/11 8:42 am - Jacksonville, FL
If she wants a prostrate exam....she better by me a drink first.
poet_kelly
on 8/8/11 9:17 am - OH
Glad things are finally happening for you.

You'll need some blood work for sure.  Some docs also do an endoscopy before surgery.  Maybe other tests if your surgeon feels something else is needed.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 95 views
Recent Topics