Post op infection

MissK123456789
on 8/24/12 8:53 pm - PA
On Monday night, I started to get a sharp pain at the incision near my pouch...through Tuesday, it just kept getting worse.  By the end of the day, I looked like a question mark.  On Wednesday, the incision broke open with evil yellow bloody pus.  YES, I called the surgeon.

I'm now on a broad spectrum antibiotic and improving slowiy.

Has anyone one else gotten a post operative infection this far out?  My surgery was 7/31.
BluIzGal
on 8/24/12 10:13 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12
I'm 6.5 weeks post op and had an abscess break 8 days post op so around the 18th of July. Had a cultured test taken, CT scan, ultrasound, 3rd round of antibiotics after a second infection developed. I had a nurse come to the house daily for two weeks and now go to a medical clinic for daily packing of the I vision that is still draining! Sure didn't sign up for this.

MissK123456789
on 8/25/12 8:29 am - PA
While I hate to say it, I'm glad I'm not alone.  I suppose the adage is true, misery loves company!  I hope you heal quickly. 

I hope I heal quickly too.  I've now lost my appetite and am struggling to eat meals and get enough protein in.  You know what that means?  I should be losing my hair for the holidays!  YIKES!
SaraBurns
on 8/25/12 8:37 am - Newton, IA
RNY on 06/05/12
hwen i had my RNY i didnt have an infection, but when i had my gallbladder out the next month the incisions got infected and were teh staples were going in got red and had some pus coming out of them.. but ive never had my incisions have that problem..

Surgery 6/5/12
MaGraw
on 8/25/12 8:43 am - Canada
I had an infection pop out at about 6 weeks.  It came through my incision scar.  (weakest spot, it finds) Drained for about a week and I too was put on an antibiotic.  Doc told me to let it drain drain drain.  When it was done it dried up and closed up nicely.  It is very good the infection found a way to get out.  God luck and take care.
MissK123456789
on 8/25/12 9:47 pm - PA
Thanks everyone!  Thanks to the antibiotics, I no longer have shooting pains in my pouch and no pain eating or drinking,  Still struggling with protein and eating enough but I keep trying to remember my body is healing.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 100 views
Forum Search Error & 404