Need some advice

Joyd532005
on 7/27/13 9:22 am - WI

I am 16 months out from surgery and had hernia surgery in January.  For the last few weeks I have been feeling very tired nauseous and had some loose bowels and reduced appetite.   Some days are better than others, I talked to the surgeons office and they scheduled an endoscopy for Aug. 7.  This morning I woke up with severe stomach and back pain and went to the ER.  They did blood work and a CT scan and found nothing. I am happy about that but still in pain.  I have felt really good the past few months but am kind of discouraged right now. The only thing that seems to be a problem is my thyroid, they upped my Meds but it is not responding.   I just want  to feel better! Has anyone had anything like this? I almost feel like I have another hernia!!! Thanks for listening!

PetHairMagnet
on 7/27/13 10:10 am
RNY on 05/13/13

No help, but hugs for you!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

angeleigh
on 7/28/13 3:23 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

For the thyroid meds, are you taking them with anything other meds or vitamins? I ask because vitamins have to be taken 4 hours apart from thyroid meds. I was taking mine at bed time and that seems to help. Now I take it first thing in the morning, then start my vitamins 4 hours later. My blood work has been great since making sure that I am not taking it with anything else.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 506 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 418 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 194 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?