Feel like I'm going to fail

Beyl689
on 8/6/13 11:29 am - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13

I don't know why I feel like this, but I just don't feel like there's any way possible for me to ever be an average size person. I'm a month out and I've lost only 18 lbs since then. Idk, I just feel like I'm going to be a failure. And now I think I'm in the whole 3 week hold up/stall so that will make matters worse :( just having a rough evening. 

Linzee33
on 8/6/13 11:37 am
RNY on 01/11/13

Every time I hit a stall I thought this is it! I'm done loosing! This isn't gonna work just like everything else hasn't. Hang in there! It will work. I'm 6.5 months out and down 111 pounds! You can do this!!!

DATE OF SURGERY: 1/11/13

HEIGHT: 5'7" AGE:27

HW: 318  DAY OF SURGERY: 299

anewme71
on 8/6/13 11:40 am - TX
RNY on 10/11/13
Hang in there! You have the tool and you know what yo do. Now you just need to keep looking forward and not forget how far you have already come. Look at your own ticker! You can do this

Highest Weight 304, Feb 2013. Met with nutritionist in March 2013 and started diet. Surgery Weight 272 on 10/11/13.  Current weight 231.

Beyl689
on 8/6/13 11:42 am - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13

It's just so hard not knowing if everything on the inside is ok. Like I want to be able to see my stomach so that I can make sure that my doctor did things right and that I'm doing everything right. I know that's just the control freak in me coming out and that my doctor did everything the way he is supposed to but I just have to trust and be patient. It's just so hard

DebsGiz
on 8/6/13 11:46 am - FL

Please look at my pictures because, like you, I many times really felt that I was going to fail at this too.

I was wrong, and so are you.

You are not going to fail.  You're going to have stalls, and you may even be a "slow" loser as was I, but you hang in there, do what you're supposed to do, and you're going to lose the weight.

Now, repeat after me," I am not going to fail.  I have this and I am going to be an average size person."  

Welcome to the loser's bench!!!!

The Salty Hag
on 8/6/13 11:48 am
RNY on 05/20/13

18 lbs in a month? How is that bad? No way any of us could have lost 18 lbs in a month without our surgeries! You know many people would be really jealous of you? LOL! 

It is totally normal to become overwhelmed and feel like this may not work. Unless you set out to sabotage yourself...you will succeed! Hopefully you'll get a good night's sleep and feel better in the morning.

You've done great...you'll be fine. :o)

kksnewsong
on 8/6/13 11:55 am
RNY on 06/06/13
NO, NO, NO YOU ARE NOT GONNA FAIL! 18 lbs is good! 4 + lbs a week! You are still going thur hormones and such! I'm 2 months out and still wonder some days Why I did it! But I've had a lot of NSV's and I stalled at 7 weeks then dropped 6 lbs in a week! I lose weight then I gain weight and lose it + more! I'm on reg. Foods but taking my time seeing whats good..so far i've not barfed up but had queasys on and off some well a little but meds was some of it... it's a learning curb indeed and not an easy one. We are all different and you have to follow the basics and figure out what works for you! Don't get discouraged! I'm not very active but still lost 41 lbs in a little over 8 weeks! I just want the next year to pass so I'll be thur the see what I can eat stage! Lol hang in there you will really start to notice differences in the next month! Seems like everyday I notice my clothes are looser or I can move better or I want to do something besides sit home! I'm 61 started out 392 back in oct, 2011., 240 in February 2013. For 1st surgery apt, 322 day of surgery 6-6-2013 and 281 day of 8weeks! 101 down in about 19 months! You will succed if put your mind to it! Good Luck! Find you a good support group or even 1 person! It helps!
  1.     kksnewsòng

Beyl689
on 8/6/13 12:11 pm - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13

Thanks everyone! You all make me feel much better!

Andy Lafferty
on 8/6/13 12:45 pm - Baltimore, MD

Just hang in there and keep doing what the surgeon has told you to do.

I usually stall when I blaze my little happy trail.

4 years out now, down almost 300 from my worst and 160 down from my RYN.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

jmhuston
on 8/6/13 12:45 pm - TX

I had surgery 7/16 and I am only down 10 lbs. I start back to work tomorrow and I feel the same way!  I know this will work but some days are harder than others. I keep being told slower is better!  WE CAN DO THIS!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics