Meats!!!!!!

aprilchanel
on 10/11/13 2:50 am
When will I be able to tolerate Meat , I'm 6 wks out and I tried a little drum stick I baked and it was moist dark meat I chewed down to consistency and could not take nothing but two bites and it came back up , it seems like the only thing I can eat is salad !!!! Will this end Even though i love ceaser salad I don't want to eat salad only for the rest of my life how long did it take for some of you to be able to eat meat again !?

Sarah R.
on 10/11/13 3:04 am

It really depends on the meat. Chicken took me about a year. I still dont tolerate pork or hamburger well or beef roast. Seafood goes down well, right out the bat tuna and ground turkey worked well. Very tender steak went down well.

bsouder2210
on 10/11/13 4:02 am
My friend is 3 years out and still has a tough time with chicken. She can do pork and beef though maybe start with ground beef, ground turkey or ham. They are more moist than chicken.

poet_kelly
on 10/11/13 4:47 am - OH

I don't think anyone can predict that.  Some can tolerate meat right away, some not for a long time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Patm
on 10/11/13 5:40 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

stew your meats. I love chicken cooked in salsa. If I have it just baked I will not tolerate it. If it has skin, the fat is too much and if it doesn't have skin the dryness is too much.

jschultes
on 10/11/13 6:08 am - ND

Chicken took a long time for me too along with steak. Ground meats worked well though because they had already been chopped up once into bite sized pieces .

I also found that lunch meats worked well for me just to eat plain, beware of sodium in that though. It will come! I thought I'd never be able to eat this or that again and it finally came together for me too.

proudmami135
on 10/11/13 9:04 am - OH
RNY on 09/16/13

I'll be four weeks on Monday and I'm already tolerating some meats. I've ate some chicken, some steak, and some hamburger (in chili). I think everyone is different. I still have a lot of nausea, but heavier foods (like meat) seem to sit better in my stomach. 

MrsLitch
on 10/12/13 6:07 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I was only allowed meat cheese and eggs until I hit 3 months so I had meat from the puree stage on. The times I got sick were usually from eating too fast not the type of meat. The only meat I could not and still can't eat is filet mignon, no idea why but it comes up no matter how little or how much or how slow or how fast. You'll see some say they couldn't do chicken early out, others couldn't do ground beef. Find a meat that works for you and stick with it. If you have to puree it so it's well chewed before it goes in your mouth do that.

I found my food choices went in patterns. I found something that worked well and I ate it for 3-6 weeks then it didn't sit well so I'd find something else. That went on for the first year and now I eat pretty much anything. In the beginning ribeye steak with a bit of garlic was wonderful, also ground beef with a tablespoon or two of spaghetti sauce sat very well. Just keep trying!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 337 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?