Hello! New to the group..sort of... let's try this again!

Reinette
on 5/4/14 2:06 pm - Marlborough, MA
RNY on 06/16/14

So here is what I wrote 07/21/13:

Hi I'm new to the group and just beginning my RNY journey.  A coworker and my doctor's office suggested visiting this site.

I decided a while back that I needed some help with my weight loss.  I just couldn't seem to stick to a diet and needed additional help.  After a recommendation from a coworker I went to see Dr Pecquex near Boston MA.  A wonderful doctor and very patient.  I went in completely set on the band but after talking with her and researching for about a month I realized the RNY was the best plan for me.

During that month I had plenty of tests.  Ultrasound for my gallbladder, barium swallow, echo, nutritionist, and mental evaluation.  I am sane!  Woo hoo!  When I saw Dr Pecquex about 5 weeks after the first visit I was 2 lbs shy of the 5% weight loss goal she set and everything was a go!  The only thing is she wants me to have my gall bladder out first.

So my gall bladder is coming out this Thursday, 7/25/13.  I know the gall bladder surgery will be done in a similar fashion as the RNY so I see this as a practice run.  I see Dr. Pecquex again 8/6 and hopefully will get my wls surgery date then.

And today:

So I had my gallbladder out and had serious complications which resulted in my going back to the hospital 2 days later and staying for a very extended visit.  All is well now after a few additional surgeries/procedures.

For a while there I told myself that I would never have another surgery again.  That I didn't need the help and that I would lose the weight on my own.  A vacation to England and Wales in November made me realize I could have done/seen so much more if I was healthier.  A few months passed and I realized that nothing changed on my own and that I just needed to talk with my surgeon again.  

Dr. Pecquex is amazing.  She has worked with me and after going through all the testing etc again I am back on my WLS journey.  Or maybe I never left it?

My RNY is scheduled for 06/02/14 at 1PM and I am scared to death but I know... I know this is the right choice.

HW: 333; Weight at 1st visit: 318.6; SW: 304.4; CW: 218.4

Dcgirl
on 5/4/14 9:38 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good for you for going ahead with it! I'm over 100 lbs down and on holiday in London and it's amazing how much more I can do! Sorry to hear you had complications with your gall bladder surgery, but we will be cheering you on to be complication free with RNY! It's scary but sooo worth it!

Cunning_Pam
on 5/4/14 11:25 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

Glad to hear you've come to that decision. I'm sure after your gallbladder surgery and the complications you had that surgery was the last thing you wanted to do again! But it will be so worth it in the end. It must be nerve wracking, I'm sure, but come here for support any time you need it!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

tdbull
on 5/5/14 12:55 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
If you're like most of us, you will not regret having this surgery. It gives us a new, healthier lifestyle. I only wish I would have chosen to do this earlier in life. Best of luck during your pre op and looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 263 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics