Newbie ..

Kristina247
on 10/10/14 10:52 am

Good evening all. New at this forum stuff, was told by nutrionist would be a  good idea to get insight and help.

I'm currently in the process of testing and appt with Psyc and Nutritionist for Gastric Bypass. "Kinda almost done."

I recently was told i have Galdstones but not to worry that would be taken care of at surgery, but know i have another issue i have H Pylori.

Just wanted to know if anyone else went thru this before surgery??? Any tips on preparing before the big day i will appreciate.

Kristina247

NYMom222
on 10/10/14 11:34 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Congratulations for being on the road! Many people have gallstones/gall bladder surgery at the same time, it's not uncommon. I am sure when you meet with the nutritionist she will give you a plan to lose some weight before the surgery, anyway usually but not always. I don't know about the H Pylori...how that effects things. I had to start a diet right away and then 3 weeks before surgery I had to do a liquid with 1 meal a day diet. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Kristina247
on 10/10/14 11:48 am

Thanks for the reply. Im excited on this journey, i feel positive.

My nutritionist has me on a low carb diet and as i get my date for surgery, i will be on a 2 week liquid diet. 

Can't wait.. lol

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/14 4:47 am

I had a positive for H. Pylori. Two weeks of antibiotics and all was okay. My Birthday, (Surgery date) was Aug 27, 2014. I am six weeks and four days old now! No ill effects and I am down to 237 LBS this morning. I was pre op at 298. 

You have found the best place to be with those who have been there before. I am also a newbie here. I find the people here very uplifting and full of all kinds of good solid information and advice. Of course always check with your doctor to assure the information and advice will work for you. We are all different. 

Thank you for joining and together we will learn so much more from all these great ex- big people!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 64 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?