Had adhesions removed, obstructed bowel

Bibo
on 10/11/14 5:48 am

So i am a year and a half post op...at my lowest weight pretty much ever.. chronic constipation issues...take all kinds of prescribed meds and treatment for that ......last week was in the ER with excruciating pain behind my belly button.....CT scan was inconclusive, I was vomiting ( I am not a dumper). So much pain it was unbelievable. I could barely stand up or sit. I had a diagnostic laproscopy three days later and the doctor removed seven adhesions, one of which was obstructing my bowel to where i couldn't go to the bathroom, everything was getting tied off, basically.   So now i am home healing, and one of the five incisions on my belly is hard as a rock and sort of has like a marble thing under my skin, which moves when i push on it. It's not inflamed and doesn't really hurt, but I can definately feel it. I do have a call in to the doc. I don't have a fever or anything like that..has anyone else had such a thing?  Is it maybe scar tissue from the incision or maybe a popped blood vessel or something? They told me to pull the band-aids off, (not the steri strips). I did, but that thing just sort of rolls around. It's really pronounced since I am at my goal weight. Wondering if anyone else had similar experience Thanks

NYMom222
on 10/11/14 8:34 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Wow, what a journey, glad it was taken care of for you. You are doing the right thing, called the doc and watching for fever. It is probably more pronounced than it would be if you were heavier. It is probably just the healing process.  Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

tdbull
on 10/11/14 9:36 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
A bowel obstruction is my worst nightmare - I am so sorry you had to go thru this, but hopefully you are on the mend and will be back to normal soon. Take Care!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics