two-derland and NSVs

NinaCanDOit
on 10/11/14 1:38 am
RNY on 06/27/14

Woohoo!!!  It's taken 15 weeks postop and nearly 100 pounds, but I'm now in the two hundred range!  I am thrilled to pieces. 

Its funny (and a testimony to my yoyo weight ways) because no one at school/family has said anything directly about my weight.  I get a lot of comments on my level of attractiveness (face, eyes, lips, hair, pretty, beautiful, radiant...), but nothing about having lost a few pounds.  I also haven't needed to go shopping as I am well stocked in versatile wardrobe pieces down to about a size 18, so that's been nice.  I'm currently about a 22/20 bottoms and 16/18 tops, so I will be able to shop my closet for a little while longer (yay!).

other NSVs....I think my image of my body is getting closer what my actual body size it.  I know that might sound weird, but I don't think I ever really realized how b-i-g I was, like how much space I took up, when I was 95lbs heavier.  This was both in metaphoric terms and also literally, as in I would bump things with my bottom or my tummy because I thought I could fit in spaces that I did not.  When I would see pictures of myself I would almost not recognize myself because that didn't match how I saw myself.  I know, I've been working on it.

I've been out to eat a few times in the last few weeks and I'm thrilled to say that seating isn't something I have to worry about (booths or the dreaded chairs with arms!).  The other big thing with eating out is I'm finally totally comfortable doing it.  As my friend mentioned the other night "we're in Texas, there is protein everywhere."  I think at first I was nervous about eating out, but really it's been a snap.  If I go out with family/dates we split something and when I'm out with friends we are chatting so much it's no big deal that I'm taking home most of my meal. 

So far so good.  Next up in mini goals - 100lbs lost and then the half way mark. 

HW - 392 * CW - 200 * * * Lost - 192, To Goal - 40

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

ClaudiaW
on 10/11/14 1:41 am - Rockwall, TX

Congrats on your progress. I am in Texas also. My surgery is October 21.

karenp8
on 10/11/14 2:11 am - Brighton, IL

What amazing steps in your journey! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/14 2:36 am - Edmonton, Canada

WTG! Congratulations, enjoy every moment.

Awillis
on 10/11/14 3:12 am - Richardson, TX
RNY on 08/28/14

Super news!  Congrats.  I am in Richardson, Texas and am 6 wks post op.  I have a few clothes in smaller sizes so I am good too.  I have gone to Salvation Army in Plano that has some awesome deals.  I bought two slacks, two sizes smaller already.  Hopefully in the next couple of months I will be out of plus sizes for life.  Only down 37 labs and on a plateau right now but I don't mind cause I know I am losing inches.  Isn't this just an awesome experience?

NinaCanDOit
on 10/11/14 8:00 am
RNY on 06/27/14

Thank you all!  It is an exciting journey and discovering small NSVs is the best. 

I am planning visits to a few thrift/consignment stores in the area next month.  I'm really picky, but I don't want to spend a lot on anything just yet.  My only splurges so far have been a few nwt cashmere sweaters I found on ebay because I couldn't resist.

Cheers to all my fellow Texans - Hola from San Antonio!

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

NYMom222
on 10/11/14 8:20 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Way to Go! Love to hear stories of people succeeding. I have similar stats to you and am about a month behind you. I have lost 68pounds (including pre-op- but it all counts, right?) and 75 is my next goal. I have my next surgeon's appointment on the 22nd and am hoping to reach it by then. It is funny some people who I see on a fairly regular basis, yet I didn't tell I had surgery will just say, 'Oh, you look good.' The chairs and booths are getting easier. This week I am flying to Chicago to visit with my son and family, so It will be interesting to see how I fit in those seats these days. I am a little nervous still at flying because of the weight. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

NinaCanDOit
on 10/11/14 9:00 am
RNY on 06/27/14

Hey all weight lost counts - pre/post doesn't matter.  I live for these small goals because every few weeks when I hit one I'm just totally ecstatic.  I can't exactly see it on myself, so I'm going with these scale and NSVs as my positive indicators.

Good luck with the airline seats!  They have been the bane of my existence forever.  I'm tall, my basic shape is pear (big bottom/hips), and add morbidly obese and it was never a good mix.  Even when I didn't need an extender it wasn't comfortable.  I probably won't fly until spring break or next summer, but that is my HG (holy grail) NSV.  

NYMom222
on 10/11/14 3:02 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I'm 5'11" so I get tall and big and and pear shaped and airplane seats don't mix. I am flying Southwest and I buy the second seat. Esp. because I am traveling alone. Don't mind squishing up against someone I know but not a stranger. It's not bad though because they refund you the second seat as long as the flight isn't full.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

healthy-rickfan1971
on 10/11/14 9:13 am

Yay!!! Good for you. I LOVED it when I hit twoderland. Am halfway through (almost halfway) to onderland. Have not seen under 200 since about 6th grade. Keep up the good work, very happy for you.   

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404