Thanks to all the good wishes and prayers

Bubbles314
on 10/11/14 2:17 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi

I made it through the surgery and I did not get sick on the gas .  I feel noticeably better everyday.  Still tired though and have nausia all the time.  Taking meds to help with the nausia and I can't sleep laying down that causes upset.  I'm sleeping in my recliner and have really increased the liquid intake it is hard to get 64 oz of liquid in when I can only drink clear liquids and 1 ounce every 15 minutes (Dr plan).  So I am getting around 50/60 ounces of liquid a day.  I can have Syntrax Nectar Fuzzynaval protein drink the first week because it is mixed with water.  I think the protein is really helping.  I could not add the powder protein in the hospital it just tasted so gross.  But that has been changed now.  I must admit I can't wait to go to the next week menu.  Dr plan calls for 1 week clear liquid, then 1 week full liquid, then go to puree/soft food for 2 weeks, then go to regular food.  The process the Dr has assured me works well for his patients and really gives the stomach a chance to heal.  So I will wait to change my diet until I see the Dietition Tuesday.  By week 3 the amount of liquid you drink at one time increases also.  So many things to learn.  

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that said a prayer for me.  I know it helped cause I was so afraid.  

I can't wait to do some of the things I'm missing out on now cause of my weight.  The future is looking better and I really just need to follow the plan and exercise.  I am going to go back to the YMCA 2 or 3 days a week and I am trying to talk my bestfriend into going with me so I have someone to keep me going.  We will see how it goes I can't start exercise other than walking until I see the Dr on Wednesday.  So I am sip, sip and sipping somemore and walking about 10 minutes a day.  Waiting on myself and resting.  Can't wait to add my menu for the day, measure and weigh everything.  There are so many of you RNYer's that inspire me to do my best.

bublegirl1
on 10/11/14 2:45 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

So glad you are doing well! Congratulations!!

-Amie

NYMom222
on 10/11/14 2:57 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Congratulations! Just keep sipping, yu will do better getting the 64oz in as time goes on. No stress. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

iloveravens
on 10/11/14 10:05 pm
RNY on 08/13/14

Welcome home and congratulations!! Keep sipping and walking xoxo

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

karenp8
on 10/11/14 10:22 pm - Brighton, IL

Glad to hear the prayers helped and that you are doing well at home. Keep sipping and walk as much as you can and you will soon be onto the next food stage. Before you know it this will all be the new normal!

dccyr
on 10/11/14 11:45 pm

Don't stress on getting 64 ozs of fluid right away, just keep sipping and you will build up to it. I also found it helpful to keep a food journal, keeps me honest.  I include my vitamins, water intake and exercise.

56sunShine14
on 10/12/14 1:17 am

I am happy you went through surgery so well.  Good for you!  The time should fly now but even if it seems slow, you are on the other side.  YAY!!

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/14 4:22 am

Aug 27, 2014 is what I call my "Birthday"! You sound like me when I started this trec. I slept in my recliner for a week and a half. It has handles the bed does not. I used a cane to help stand up. At first I was very unsteady on my feet, but that went away. Today I weigh 237. That is from a before the pre op weight of 298! My God, I saw my toes a few days ago!!!!!  So will you be having all good things happening. I dropped a pen on the floor while doing a word puzzle. I just bent over and picked it up. For the longest time I had to use my grabber stick. No more. I took my Dr's advice and joined the wellness program at the Hospital in St. Augustine. Scott keeps me on my toes but does not push. I go three times per week and now am up to one hour of continuous exercise on the New Step, Bike, and the tread mill machines. I also am walking about two miles twice per week. At the bottom of the forum pages here is an add for the Premier Protein shakes. I found them at Walgreen's for $7.99 for four but Walgreen's holds sales on them and gives you another for 50% off here. With the $3.00 coupon and the sale the price is right! The shakes are also 30 g of protein! Oh and yes, they taste real good to me. 

Keep at it knowing things will get easier as the weeks go by. And like you I have been following the Doctor's orders by the book. I have had zero complications, no dumping and I don't want to know how that feels! For the future perhaps you will be able to go to Ruby Tuesdays, or a "Like" restaurant for a nice juicy Rib Eye. My Wife and I did that. She ordered the Rib Eye with green beans and a baked potato. I chopped off 3 ounces and took four green beans and NO DRINKING DURING THE MEAL OR ONE HOUR AFTER, and enjoyed it very much. I could not finish the whole thing though, imagine that? Just a few months ago I could have eaten two of them with a few ice'ed teas and a big piece of sugar in the form of a pie! Seriously, I do not miss that at all. This "New me" is beginning to look much better than the old fat me! We will succeed and with this wonderful supportive forum it will be much easier!   

Bubbles314
on 10/12/14 12:58 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I want to thank everyone for there kind words.

Thank you all and take care

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 503 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 305 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views