fluids during pureed stage

healthy2be
on 1/27/15 4:47 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

My program requires 6 monthly nutritional education visits, which is great INMO.  Everything from that perspective is going well.  I feel pretty good about the nutritional aspect of my (hopefully) soon to be RNY surgery.  For the 5th appt, I have a one on one hour long appt with the dietitian (or nutritionist, I always get those two job titles confused).  My homework before that appt, I have to make up a 1 day menu for the 1st 4 stages of food following surgery (clear liq, full liq, pureed, and soft).  I have the menu for clear and full liq and for soft, but when I do the menu for pureed, I can't fit in more than 35 oz of fluid, which is not going to be enough.  My goal is 48-64 oz.  I'm hitting my minimum of 60 grams of fiber in every category except clear liquids.  Clear liquids last 5 days and my sample menu gets me 56.25, so I figure good enough for those 5 days, since I'm probably not going to feel my best anyway.  56 is close enough to 60 so I'm not stressing.  My problem is when I get to pureed, I'll be allowed 2-3 oz per 30-45 minutes.  I have to refrain from drinking fluids 30 minutes prior, during, and 30 minutes after meals.  I'm allowed 3 meals 4 hours apart with a snack two hours after breakfast, 2 hours after lunch, and 2 hours after dinner.  These snacks are supposed to be 2 oz of protein shake each.  Any ideas to increase fluids without decreasing food?  I plan on getting 3 oz of fluid between each meal and snack (30 min) and sip 12 oz of fluids starting 30 minutes after end of dinner and bedtime (again 1 oz every 15 minutes).  Thoughts?

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 224 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?