What's on your menu Wednesday, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 1/27/15 8:35 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning OH friends! It's back to work I go after a lovely snow day yesterday - sleeping in (a little), hair dying, nail polishing, knitting, (2!) movie watching, exercising, shopping, and book clubbing made the day so nice and relaxing. Though I can't say it prepared me for today when my afternoon calendar literally has 4 things happening at the same time every hour between 12 and 5 - we'll see how that all works out...

Today is day two of my 5-Day Super Low Carb Challenge and challenge really is the word for it. Back when I was eating 800 calories a day, staying at 50 carbs was pretty doable, now, eating at 1200 calories it is much more challenging. I made it happen yesterday, even though I had two crackers and two little cookies at book club. We'll see how things go today!

Time since surgery: 10+ months

B: Coffee with cream, Banana Cream L&F Greek Yogurt with chopped almonds

S: more coffee with cream, deli ham, apple slices and a Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss wedge

L: more rotisserie chicken made into salad with chopped pecans and a hard boiled egg

S: turkey pepperoni and a Babybel Light

D: Zucchini noodle lasagna cup and sweetened ricotta

S: Dole Dippers, Roasted peanuts

TOTALS: Calories 1197, Protein 90, Carbs 48 (!!!), Fat 75

V/W: well on my way

E: tried a new routine (thank you, Shannon!) - 10 minutes on the Arc Trainer, 15 minutes of HIIT on the rowing machine, and 15 minutes on the elliptical

Make good choices, y'all!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 1/27/15 9:06 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning!  Still cold here; -12 according to the temp gauge in the Jeep.  Although the forecast for tomorrow is 30.  It's a heat wave!  For the first time in a long time, I don't have any activities to attend after work.  No basketball, no Scouts.  Nothing.  It feels glorious.  And my own little NSV:  yesterday I actually hit my water goals, took all of my vitamins AND ate what I planned.  LOL 

B:  coffee with half & half and a L&F Greek strawberry

S:  3 Butterball turkey sticks and a cheese stick

L:  Pure Protein bar and an apple

D:  Leftover crockpot Italian venison with an over easy egg and toast.  The Sara Lee Delightful whole grain bread is yummy.

TOTALS:  Cals:  810  Protein:  90  Carbs:  56  Fat:  27

mamata2
on 1/27/15 9:26 pm

Sounds like a much needed relaxing evening!  Way to go on your NSV!  I never eat everything I plan

AngryViking
on 1/27/15 9:29 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Me neither!  That's why I'm considering it a NSV.  LOL!

Berryhoosier
on 1/27/15 9:33 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Good morning all.  I had a sick day yesterday.  So my menu was mostly powerade zero and saltines.  I'm better today, but taking it slow food-wise.

B:  BA protein shake

L: Premeir protein and fiber bar, 1/2 banana

S: other half banana

D: left over baked chicken, fage ranch dip

S: fiber one chocolate cereal and maybe some edamame if I'm hungry

cal: 789  protein: 73

mamata2

Stay hydrated and rest up!  Being sick sucks, I'm sorry!

mamata2

Good morning!  It's hump day  and although I keep willing it to be Thursday it just doesn't seem to be happening...  I desperately need to get back on the exercise horse.  Yet again I made excuses last night and didn't go.  Tonight is the night! 

Anny, your day sounds amazing!  I need one of those right about now.  Although I'm afraid it would consist of cleaning, mopping, laundry, and organizing.  My house is such a disaster right now and my in-laws are coming to stay next week to take care of the kids while we are on vacation :)  My mother-in-law is one of those neat freaks so I know what my weekend is going to be filled with.  Anyone have any quick cleaning tips?

B: SF Latte and 1/2 ThinkThin Bar (never got to it yesterday)

S: Coffee with creamer

L: 1/2 Starbucks Protein Bistro Box (leftover)

D: Chicken sausage and cheese tortellini casserole

W/V: Started

E: MUST WORKOUT!  Even if its just a few minutes!

Have a great day all!

karenp8
on 1/27/15 9:33 pm - Brighton, IL

I literally have a minute to post this as I have to exercise,finish cleaning the kitchen to be walker ready,shop to stock up the town food pantry for two weeks,and go to then doctor at 1. My husband's aunt died so I'll be gone all evening to her visitation and tomorrow for the memorial service. A bit busy here indeed! Posting keeps me accountable though so here I am. On track with fluids and vitamins on hold til after surgery Friday.post op two days away from 29 months and weight at 120.2 today. Here's the food: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz salmon left from last night and 1/2 c Greek yogurt rest is in the air as we will be out of town for the visitation. Hubby is good about eating where there are things that are good choices for me so it will be fine. If needed I have some whole grain crackers with peanut butter in my purse to tide me over and that may be my snack. Have a great day everyone!

NDHM
on 1/27/15 9:57 pm

Glad you had such a good day yesterday! And you've got this low carb challenge 

Well, hump day is appropriately named for me. I have bus duty (UGH), short planning, and TOO many interruptions to instruction. Oh well, whine over lol

Breakfast: 2 Hard Boiled Eggs

Lunch: Baby Spinach, Low Fat Feta, Pecans, Strawberries, Sugar Free Raspberry Vinaigrette

Dinner: 4 Cheese Chicken Sausage, Grilled Sweet Onions

Snacks: Yoplait - Greek Yogurt, Pb2, Cuties, Iced Coffee (don't judge lol)

Vitamins: alarms set

Water: never a problem

Exercise: I have a masters class tonight, but I'm going to try to get in one of the short Zumba classes

Dartmouth
on 1/27/15 10:50 pm - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

All of you snow dayers....It is so nice to have a hookey day...an unplanned day off of normal responsibilities!  Yesterday I was so sore from yoga ( I am a lazy slouch!) that 6 hours of pottery was an effort...and I kept having to pee as you really need to drink drink drink when you pot as the clay dries out your skin....I got my exercise running up and down the stairs to go to the ladies

Anny I don't like this low carb stuff either...I don't know what to eat as the carbs kept lurking around every corner and I dont mean cake and cookies...damn stuff in is everything....I was going to add salsa with my breakfast and looked at the label ...2 carbs for 2 tbls...I would much prefer my cool whip and yogurt!   I only managed 750 cals yesterday to keep the carbs low and that was with a hot chocolate at night and a cool whip no fat yogurt concoction! AND I GAINED A 1/2 LB......grrrr....

Today is a new one!

B: 100gr steak

L: 1 cup kirkland chicken totrtilla soup...nope it has 14 gr carbs....I think my homemade chicken soup....

S: 1/2 pure bar

D:  60 gr black bean spaghetti shape with tomatoes and veggies

S: sugar free blah blah hot chocolate and maybe cool whip and yogurt

Keep warm all you northerners!

Joan

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 426 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 258 views