scar cream

kokosuggs
on 1/30/15 1:43 pm

is there anything we can use for our scars?  I feel like mine is starting to itch

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

Needanewbeginning
on 1/30/15 10:35 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

My little scars from RNY really didn't bother me, but my skin and scar from my recent tummy tuck needed a little something to help.

I have been using Bio Oil and love it. 

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

kayleystar
on 1/30/15 10:44 pm
RNY on 01/06/15

With being less than 2 weeks post op, I wouldn't advise you putting any cream/ointment or anything on your scars without first speaking to your surgeon. You need to make sure your incisions heal properly. 

Highest Weight: 412 | Day of Surgery: 385 | Current: 341
Surgery Date: 1/6/2015 

Eggface
on 1/31/15 1:49 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Ask your surgeon... but mine had me use Triple Antibiotic Ointment till healed then I used Bio Oil which kept the itching at bay, smells great too. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Berryhoosier
on 1/31/15 3:47 am
RNY on 12/17/14

Mine started driving me crazy arounds day 10. I wasn't allowed to put anything on them, but I did a little research and found out that a benedryl can help. There is actually histamine in the healing wounds. I took one a day for a few days until the itching subsided. Just make sure you don't drive soon after because they can make you drowsy.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/31/15 4:24 am - OH

The itching is just part of the healing process.  A little bit of lotion or oil on it will take care of it.  The laparoscopic scars are  small and will fade to tiny white lines that are almost unnoticeable with time, so you don't need any special (ano expensive) scar creams.

I did an experiment with my huge (hip to hip) panniculectomy scar: I put Bio oil on one section daily, Mederma on one section, silicon strips on one section (those had to stay on all day), and just my normal, inexpensive moisturizer on the final section.  After 4 weeks, there was almost NO difference between any of the sections.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

kokosuggs
on 1/31/15 7:11 am

Thank you all for your reply    I'll just hang on a little while longer before I try anything 

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 766 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 345 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 495 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 273 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 94 views