TEAM NO MEAT!!!!

C_Turner221
on 1/29/15 10:44 pm
RNY on 12/22/14

I have a confession!

I don't like it MEAT Anymore! Uggh.... I feel like I am just going to be a rabbit! I don't like how it feels going down, it's just too much... I am going to just have to eat fruits and vegetables...

Am I losing my mind or should I look to the future for meat possibilities? LOL! 

How am I going to get all this protein in Uggh ! HELP

Melt Down in 5...4....3...2...1! (Not Really ... Just adding to the imagery)

Smile Life Looks Good on YOU!   Crystal    

Karen M.
on 1/29/15 10:48 pm - Mississauga, Canada

If you feel like you "can't" eat meat then you're going to have a make a plan of how you're going to get sufficient protein into your diet.

As for it feeling like it's too much - this does take some getting used to. Solid proteins do feel differently going down (and lingering in the pouch) but are the best sources of protein and satiety.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

C_Turner221
on 1/30/15 2:28 am
RNY on 12/22/14

Thank You for your post!

Yes I am on my solid phase and I still break my food down for safety purposes. LOL! 

I try to make sure its tender and soft, but it still just doesn't sit well for me. Makes me feel like BLAH.. I am going to have to figure out a true plan of action because, looks like Tuna/Tulpia (even though I don't like it either) will be my go to. Uggh! Because I refuse to live off of Protein Shakes (too sweet, to everything... LOL). 

jaifra78
on 1/29/15 10:58 pm
RNY on 04/16/14

Do you like veggie burgers? morningstar farms makes some good ones and they are low calorie and low carbs and some have up to 17 grams of protein per 2.5 oz burger. there are quite a few different flavors to choose from. There is also boca burgers brand but I think morningstar farms tastes better. you can get both at pretty much any supermarket. I get mine at walmart.

C_Turner221
on 1/30/15 2:29 am
RNY on 12/22/14

Thanks for your post! I haven't tried a veggie burger yet. Sounds delicious... I will try it out and see what happens. LOL! I need something to get at least 60g of protein... I am excited ... Wish me luck!

Zonechef
on 2/1/15 10:43 pm
RNY on 12/03/14

Ditti Ditto Ditto- The veggie Burgers are not the veggie burgers of 10 years ago. As you stated -Lots of protein, relatively low fat and low carbs . My personal favorites, taste wise and on my wallet are Wegmans Brand Don't Have A Cow (Beef Burger Style)  and Don't Be A Piggie) Sausage patty flavor. For me these were especially helpful because my pre-surgery gout intensified post surgery (All meats and Beans causes Gout flare ups) which these vegetable protein substitutes do not.

Patm
on 1/29/15 10:59 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Make sure your bites are small and chew the crap out of them. If you wish to go vegetarian there are people on here who do well with legumes, yogurts etc. Eating a lot of fruits and vegetables will not only not keep you healthy but will not aid in your weight loss long term.

C_Turner221
on 1/30/15 2:33 am
RNY on 12/22/14

Thanks for your post! I actually still puree and break everything down... I don't know what else to do... I have to eat something during the day and meat seems like a far out dream! I wish I could keep it down like a you champs, but the dream is fading away. :) - I will keep trying.... I will not let this defeat me ... but I might have to be a seafood girl even though I don't like it much either.   

chulbert
on 1/29/15 11:14 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

There are LOTS of sources of protein besides meat.  If you eat dairy, there's cheese, yogurt, milk, and eggs.  Tofu and legumes (lentils, beans, etc.) are fantastic.  Further, everything has protein -- carrots, potatoes, brussel sprouts, you-name-it -- and it all adds up.

Finally, this goes a little bit against the grain, but you don't need THAT much protein.  Just aim for 60g (which is actually more than you probably need).

C_Turner221
on 1/30/15 2:37 am
RNY on 12/22/14

Thank you so much for your post. I have been talking to various people and they act like I am going to DIE if I don't have meat... I am like there are plenty of people in the world that don't partake in Meat festivities. Geesh. I am going to keep trying it for another month or so. If it doesn't work... I am going to have to create a plan that meets my doc/nut expectations to still reach/exceed my goals. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 443 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 452 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views