What's on your MONDAY Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 12/3/18 2:23 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty good... I got to do a little relaxing, lots of work, and some crafts-- including wood-burning, which was a lot of fun! Also, my mom's town just had a big movie with Meryl Streep and Emma Watson get filmed there. It is a remake of Little Women and they made the town into some cool sets for a few weeks. My mom is working on a big craft project for a church raffle that is "Little Women inspired", so she came over yesterday and I recreated the real life set out of Gingerbread Houses! It came out okay, but I wish I could have had two tries to get it perfect... It was fun though! I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out :)

QOTD: Have you seen any movies in the theater lately? I haven't been to see anything in ages. I'm hoping to see a few over the holiday break and get caught up :)

B: Sous Vide Egg Bites & Flat White with Almond Milk

MS: Cashews

L: 2 Tacos in a corn tortilla with steak, mango, and black beans

AS: Beef Jerky

D: ?? TBD - leaning toward a Mahi Burger...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 12/3/18 3:28 am
RNY on 02/14/18

JB ---- Wait -- Meryl Streep in Little Women? OMG, how did I not know that was coming. LW is one of my favorites of all time; I see all the adaptations (I haven't seen the most recent "modern" one yet, waiting for it to stream). This makes me very excited!! You may have single handedly turned my day around. Started with being wide awake at 245, the keurig jamming and not making the magic elixir, and facebook locking my out of my account along with the Photos app on my computer telling my something in my library needs to be rebuilt. So all the signs of a very long week ahead...until I got this exciting movie news!

QOTD - I was going to see a Star Is Born yesterday but starting running errands and missed the morning show and then my work-brother needed some coaching so that took my afternoon. I did see the Fantastic Beasts sequel (The Crimes of Grindelwald) and Boy Erased and a group of us are going to see the new Mary Queen of Scots movie on Friday. Boy Erased made me so angry, great performances by Lucas Hedges and Joel Edgerton and good support from Russell Crowe and Nicole Kidman.

B 3.8 oz ever roast turkey

L - Chomps

D - Light and Fit and cheese

Exercise - Squats and Jacks done, about to go for a quick walk before I head to the airport

V - on track.

Liquids - I did eventually get some coffee in; my advent tea of the day is Raspberry and Rhubarb which doesn't sound too appetizing but I will give it a shot at some point.

Have a great week all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 12/3/18 5:15 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Boy Erased is the next one on my list!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/3/18 6:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I definitely want to see Boy Erased as well, if not in the theatre once it is available on-demand.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Queen JB
on 12/3/18 4:27 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

You should fly up here and watch the premiere at the local theater with us. It will be EPIC!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 12/3/18 5:49 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, I would totally do that!! It would be so fun!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Writergurl08
on 12/3/18 4:09 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! We got a dumping of about 4-5 inches snow yesterday and it was very heavy and wet, which made shoveling the drive and walks quite the workout! My arms feel like rubber today. The snow was so heavy that it only clogged in the snowblower so doing it that way wasn't working.

im only working 3 days this week--gave myself a long weekend before starting the new job next week. I'm excited but now it feels weird that I won't be at my current company anymore after 4 years and I'll be starting over brand new somewhere.

Qotd: last movie I saw was Crimes of Grindlewald. DH and I just haven't been going to as many movies lately (mostly just busy doing other stuff and cold weather make sure us want to stay in our jammies), but I really wanted to see Bohemian Rhapsody, and I want to see the new Mary Poppins because of my enormous crush on Lin-Manuel Miranda.

Breakfast: coffee with almond milk

snack: Plain yogurt mixed with homemade pumpkin-apple butter

lunch: 4 oz deli turkey

dinner: chicken chili

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

karenp8
on 12/3/18 4:28 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Had a quiet weekend with not too much to do. Exercise was good this weekend and got more than 10,000 steps every day. We did chores in the buildings like checking smoke detectors,changing furnace filters and some assorted cleaning to get ready for this weeks team to come in last night. We will most likely have a busy weekend with the tornados in the area Saturday night. Most likely we'll be making and loading trucks with cleanup kits to go out to area families in need. Accountability good but weight unchanged 126.4 still. Lily and I will do 4 miles after work this afternoon. Heres the food plan B 1/2 c earnest eats hot cereal(apple flavor). This was a new find Saturday. Its premixed and has steel cut oats,pepitas,sunflower seeds and has probiotics and protein powder already in it. 16 grams of protein in a 2/3c serving and no added sugar. The texture is different with the seeds but I do like it for a change. I'll probably never see it in a store again! L 2 slices turkey 1 slice cheese 3 grape tomatoes D beef fajita mix S string cheese sm meat stick. QOTD haven't seen a movie in the theatre for 20 years but the new Little Women sounds neat. That was one of my favorite books growing up! Off to make some coffee now so everyone have a great day filled with your best choices!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/3/18 4:53 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

The weekend was pretty good, but went fast. We went to the pool both days, a dance on Saturday night, and to a friends for dinner last night. DH danced every single dance on Saturday.

QOTD: I generally don't like to go to the theatre, but did see A Star is Born. Fantastic movie!

Accountability: I didn't eat what I planned, but wasn't way off course when we went to a friends home for dinner last night.

2 Years 8 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: deli chicken

D: shrimp

S: homemade cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

supershopper
on 12/3/18 4:56 am

hey all

i worked this weekend and left yesterday to go to gym and grocery mid day for a break. i have a deadline tonight so busting arse to get it done. work has been stressful. Saturday we went to an early dinner a the seafood place. it was MEH to me.

We havent been to the movies in a while- we say we are going to go then don't.

got really backed up last night and ate 2- 90 cal fiber one bars. other than that I have eaten really well.

Food for today:

coffee

water

fiber

prot pancakes

not sure what else.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 381 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 268 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics