4 days post op newbie

Othellorvt
on 12/9/18 2:02 pm
RNY on 12/05/18

Just looking for other newbies and support systems. Trying to figure out my full signals. I am probably under eating bc I'm still trying to figure this out. Just protien drinks and a super tiny amount of applesauce or refried beans. I read that adding powdered milk to yogurt and stuff could help increase my protien consumption. Any good purée recipes out there?

looking forward to going through this with some of you :)

chrisi

DBlessings19
on 12/9/18 2:41 pm
RNY on 12/05/18

Hello. I am 5 Days post op. I am having a hard time with my liquids. I just started on Greek yogurt today and I could feel a slight pressure on my chest so I took that as a warning sign that I was full.

ChrisFB
on 12/9/18 3:02 pm
RNY on 12/12/18

Chris: how are you feeling? I am going in for surgery in two days and I'm both anxious and excited. I made a few "soup" purees a couple of weekends ago that I've frozen and have ready for when I can have them. I found a website that seems to have some good recipes for once we've past the strictly pureed food stage. I haven't tried any of the recipes but they look interesting. https://www.froedtert.com/bariatric-surgery/recipes

Take care and I wish you all the best. I'll be right with you in a week or so!

Othellorvt
on 12/9/18 3:31 pm
RNY on 12/05/18

Hi Chris! I totally understand what you are saying! I was soooo nervous but excited too. I'll tell you some things I didn't know and maybe it will help you. So my dr made 6 incisions for the laparoscopy. One up between my chest, two on the left of my stomach, ones. The right of my stomach more towards the top, one right on my belly button are and the last a little lower on the right. That was the one that was the most painful after I woke up. I guess bc that is the main one that they used the most ad did the most work. Once I was out the pain is kinda like really bad cramps. And when you stand up to walk it's super tight feeling but does get better once you move. They gave me a wrap to wear and it made a huge difference with pain so ask for one if they don't automatically give you one:) other than that just slot of medicine and a blood draw in the middle of the night. They are very serious about preventing nausea and pain so you will be ok. Feel free to ask anything! If I can help in any way let me know. There is a lot of circulating air and gas afterwards and I still have some but walking helps get rid of it. Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions!!!

chrisi

ChrisFB
on 12/10/18 4:14 pm
RNY on 12/12/18

Thank-you so much. I knew they were going to make 5 to 6 incisions but really didn't know exactly how I would feel right after surgery. It is comforting knowing what I'm in for . . . thanks again!

Othellorvt
on 12/10/18 4:20 pm
RNY on 12/05/18

No problem! The one incision on the right is about all that bugs me. Just learned a huge lesson!!! DONT lay down in bed! It took about 20 min to get up on day 4 and hurt like heck!!! We luckily have a recliner so that's what I've been sleeping in. :)

Partlypollyanna
on 12/9/18 5:52 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

HI Chrisi - a great site for recipes/suggestions at all stages is worldaccordingtoeggface.

Don't worry about your full signals, it will likely be weeks/months before those kick in. Just focus on hydration and protein and walking and sipping. Hope things continue to go well!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Othellorvt
on 12/9/18 5:55 pm
RNY on 12/05/18

Thank you!!! I'm trying to be proactive but didn't want to overdue it:) congrats to you! Inly 9 pounds to your goal!!!

Othellorvt
on 12/9/18 5:57 pm
RNY on 12/05/18

Silly question, when I hit reply to your statement, you c it but no one else does correct? And if I reply for people to see I hit reply to post? Thanks Jen:)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/13/18 12:26 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It looks like no one replied to your question. Everyone can see your replies regardless of the button. You need to send a private message if you only want one person to see what you write.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 198 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?