What's on your MONDAY Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 12/10/18 2:03 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey all! How was your weekend? Mine was good. More relaxing than it should have been... I had a lot to do but I ignored most of it in lieu of binging The Marvelous Mrs Maisel! So good!

Today is going to be a rough day. I have two important, scary meetings that I am pretty nervous about. I definitely lost some sleep about it last night. Wish me luck!

QOTD: This is a very self-serving QOTD... I need to buy presents for college kids and I am at a total loss. Two boys and a girl and I do not want to go the gift-card route. Any brilliant ideas?

I did well pre-planning and packing lunches this week! My commitment is to really stick to what I bring and nothing else!

B: Peanut Butter Protein Shake with Almond Milk

S: HB Egg

L: Chicken with Quinoa Pesto

S: Turkey with Low Sugar Cranberry Sauce

D: Chicken with Fire Roasted Peppers

Exercise: 15 minutes elliptical & 2 miles slow jog

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

momyshaver
on 12/10/18 3:28 am, edited 12/9/18 7:34 pm
VSG on 06/28/17

I have been binging on that show also. I enjoy something light and funny and it has some strong female characters which I appreciate.

Aside from gift cards, I might be at a loss too for that age range. If you know their tastes well enough you could make a gift package. Use a laundry basket and pack with soap and cleaners, etc. What about electric blankets? All of mine from tot to teens asked for one this year, my girls and my boys. What about a food gift basket either pre packed or make one yourself? I like the idea of putting things in reusable baskets for my own tribe of feral children

B - coffee with high protein shake

L- HB egg, tuna

D- chicken in the crockpot

S- V8

S- oatmeal

S- nut butter or nuts

exercise - slow/moderate walk over an hour, about 3 miles to get the kinks out and steps in

Partlypollyanna
on 12/10/18 3:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning! I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend - sometimes we have to put self care first to reset our brains, our stress levels and help us get through! I hope your meetings go well and that they are less stressful then expected!

qotd - any of the 1,000 X before you die -- there's the 1,000 places to see; 1,000 places in the US to see; 1,000 things to eat, etc. also the atlas obscura book is great! You'd be giving them a foundation to explore the world as they become adults/leave the next!

my weekend was great! Really enjoyed my time with my friends and I'm excited to now be home for a few weeks. This week will be long but I hope it goes well!

eats today will all be prepped at home!

coffee plus half and half

b - fage greek 0% with sf pumpkin caramel syrup

l - 3 oz deli chicken, slice cheddar and 5 pickle slices

d - 4 oz ground beef, slice cheddar

731/74/14

ex - either Pilates or a 30 min walk depending on what time I get out of the office

v/I - I've started proferrin as my new iron to go with my centrum silvers and calcium. So glad to be done with the chewables!!

Have a good day and hope it's a great start to the week!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 12/10/18 6:22 am, edited 12/9/18 10:22 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

those 1000 things books are a great idea - I may get some of those for my 21-year-old niece, in fact! They have their whole (adult) lives ahead of them and can probably do many of those things. Me, on the other hand...let's just say I need to get off my butt and do some things or I may really regret it 10 or 15 years from now when I can't!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

karenp8
on 12/10/18 4:30 am - Brighton, IL

Weekend was good here too with mostly relaxing and a bit of housework done. Lily and I walked over 4 miles each day and had fun. Work today may not be fun as we're doing inventory and counting counting and then counting some more. It makes me crazy after awhile! Lily and I will get a quick walk in before dark(probably about 3 miles) but I will get plenty of steps in overall. Accountability was good yesterday and weight today is 126. Heres the eats B 2/3c earnest eats apple crush hot cereal L 2 pieces deli turkey 1 slice cheese 3 grape tomatoes D 4 oz ribeye 1/2 c green beans S string cheese with turkey slice. Off to find the first of many cups of coffee. Have a great day full of amazing choices everyone! Oh and QOTD I've got nothing!

Writergurl08
on 12/10/18 4:55 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! I'm just about to head out for my first day working for LinkedIn. It's located near one of the busiest roads in Omaha and I don't know what I'm getting into for rush hour traffic, so I'm giving myself a whole hour to get there (without traffic it would only be a 15 minute drive). My previous job was only 10 minutes away, but still in my own suburb area so I didn't really encounter the heaviest traffic roads. Also, I started my shift too early for the bulk of it.

I hate not knowing what to expect, but I know it's just for day one, which will be orientation stuff. Will ther be coffee there? Bottled water? Should I bring my own water bottle (I'm going to), snacks? Gah.

Qotd: without knowing if they already have something similar, maybe a Roku or Amazon firestick for streaming to their TV? Also, without knowing their living situations (dorms? Apartments?) maybe a gift basket of snacks, quick foods, and household goods? I always loved getting cozy loungewear if you know sizes, or warm cozy blankets.

Menu is completely in the air because I have no idea about breaks, snacks, or what they serve for lunch today. LinkedIn supplies lunch to its employees every day, I just don't know what's on the menu. DH says they also have a fully stocked breakroom so there are healthy snacks, I just don't know what. I'm doing taco meat for dinner at home tonight.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Maddymoe2
on 12/10/18 5:19 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Have a great first day Cassie!!

Partlypollyanna
on 12/10/18 5:43 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Have a wonderful first day! You must be so excited that your persistence paid off and now you are there! Also, I didn't get to post on the thread yesterday but your Harry Potter holiday dress was fantastic and you looked lovely!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 12/10/18 6:34 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm so happy for you that you got that job!! I hope it's everything you'd hoped for! It's great they provide lunch and snacks for the employees - one of the advantages of working for (some - I know not all!) huge corporations!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 12/10/18 6:45 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good luck today!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views
Recent Topics