What's on your TUESDAY Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 12/11/18 1:57 am
RNY on 07/20/15

You guys had some seriously great ideas for gifts--thank you! I didn't get a chance to respond, but I read your ideas in bed last night and I already populated my Amazon Cart with a few things. Now I am in the narrowing down phase instead of the choosing phase! Yay, thanks!

Yesterday was a disaster of EPIC proportions. That meeting I was worried about did not go well at all, and a few other pretty terrible things happened, too that I cannot talk about on a public forum... I ended up working from 4am - 5am, then 6:30am - 7:30pm. I came home and worked from 8:30 - 9 and finally called it a night. Needless to say, I did not exercise at all. Boo. But I did eat 100% on plan, so that was a small victory for the day!

QOTD: Who is the hardest person in your life to buy gifts for? My dad used to be easy--any book would amuse him...it was just a matter of making sure he hadn't read it already. But he has so many health problems now--he is losing his vision (but will not admit it), his mobility is severely impacted, and lord knows he doesn't care for clothes and fashion, so... I get super stuck with deciding what to do for him. But recently I have been buying him tickets to events and plays and stuff, instead, and he likes that :)

B: Peanut Butter Protein Shake with Almond Milk

MS: HB Egg, Salami & Cheese

L: Chicken with Quinoa Pesto

AS: Greek Yogurt

D: TBD - maybe a Mahi burger?

Exercise: doubtful but maybe a very quick sprint on the treadmill tonight...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Dcgirl
on 12/11/18 3:48 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

JB, that sounds like an AWFUL day. I know you're about 20 years shy of retirement, but I hope you can reassess this role in 2019. I know how passionate you are about working tirelessly to help kids get an education but it doesn't sound like you are being set up for success. And those working hours and stress are NOT healthy! I worry about you. Sending you a giant hug and I hope today is significantly better.

I'm on the train for a quick trip to NYC. Literally I get to Penn Station at 10 am, have meetings until 6, then a work dinner, then some sleep, meetings 8-1 tomorrow and a 2 pm train home. I should be able to make it to my gym class at 6 tomorrow, fingers crossed.

In the past, I allowed travel days to be "f*%# it, I will eat whatever I want" days. I'm smarter now, and have an ice pack in my little overnight bag with Emipie's egg salad and 4 oz of deli meat and 2 slices of cheese for a snack. There is this amazing "pay by the pound" deli near the office where I can pick protein for lunch. And dinner is unknown.

I hope today is better (hell, could it be worse?). And I hope Grim has steak tacos waiting for you when you get home!

Theduffman27
on 12/11/18 4:46 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Safe Travels Emily!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

catwoman7
on 12/11/18 4:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I totally agree with what you said about JB's job. I couldn't deal with that kind of stress all the time. UGH!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 12/11/18 6:11 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you have a great trip. Can I just say again that I am so glad you are back posting?!?!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dcgirl
on 12/11/18 6:20 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Awww thanks! I'm so glad too. I really fell off the wagon for a bit. This forum and the support and accountability were really a big part of my success so I'm not shocked (in hindsight) that dropping off the menu thread coincided with my regain. I feel much more in control now that I'm back to weighing and tracking. Apparently I was slow to realize that I can't "eat like a normal person, just in small portions". I've got lots of thoughts around it that I'll put in my surgiversary post - only a week from now!!!

Au_Contraire
on 12/11/18 7:53 pm

I agree, I'm so glad you are here and actively posting again!

Partlypollyanna
on 12/11/18 4:02 am
RNY on 02/14/18

So sorry to hear that your meeting and day went so badly. Have you switched to an hourly countdown to winter break? Not sure if it helps or not, but during a very stressful work time, my boss used to randomly come into my office, blast a cheesy country song called "when you're going through hell, keep going" and then leave. It's easier to go through work stress when you have a comrade - I'm sorry you don't! (The song is cheesy, the sentiment was helpful, lol).

QOTD - my mom. We're not close, she's very passive aggressive (if she doesn't like something I get her, she tells my sister not me), and it's very stressful. I have a good friend that makes truffles that everyone loves, so now I just get her a box of truffles and give her cash. Seems to work better.

accountability - not so good. I had a massive salt craving last night and I ate a bit of everything in the house trying to satisfy it. I ended at 1375/92/82 for the day. I did finally get my 100 oz of water in again!

Todays eats

coffee plus half and half and tea

B - cheese omelette (with lots of salt and pepper)

l - fage 0% greek

d - burger patty with slice of cheddar and 5 pickle slices

snack - country archer cayenne beef and pork stick

with snack it's 847/97/20 for the day

This week, in an effort to get my house under control, I'm doing an hour of house stuff each day instead of a formal workout. Not ideal but necessary!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 12/11/18 5:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I need to start doing that hour-a-day thing in my house, too - I did it for a few days a couple of months ago but stopped at some point. It makes the chore much easier to do it in chunks!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 12/11/18 11:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I am overwhelmed by it all right now; getting the house organized after all my travel (how does it get so bad when I've been gone since September for the most part?!) and then getting it ready to sell. I figured if I do an hour each weekday and a couple hours each weekend day, I'll be in good shape! Or at least I hope so.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?