Pre-Op Appointment

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/19 4:50 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

I'm wondering how long the pre-op appointment usually takes. I'm 2.5 hrs from the hospital and have a 9:00am appt tomorrow morning. I can't believe my surgery is in one week. Nerves are really bad at the moment!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/14/19 4:55 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

My pre-op appointment was an hour, maybe less. The surgeon went over what would happen on surgery day, gave me my binder with the post-op eating plan, and we made sure that all of my pre-anesthesia tests were good. You'll be great!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/19 6:37 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

I hope mine is only an hour too. I already received my binder with the SlimTime. I'm really sick of those shakes now but can still get them down so all good I guess.

I saw someone posted in another thread that their appt was from 10:30-3:30 which seemed excessive.

Looking forward to completing the pre-op and getting one step closer in this journey.

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/19 11:21 am
VSG on 03/21/19

Well my appointment lasted 2.5hrs and I never even saw the surgeon!

I saw a pharmacist to review my current meds, then a nurse that reviewed my file with me and took swabs of my nose, armpits and groin areas to test for MRSA . Then I met with the anesthesiologist and that was it. I asked if I was to see the surgeon and was told no you'll see him on the day of surgery. So much for having all my questions ready. I can ask them on surgery day I guess.

Good news is I'm down 10lbs on this Slimtime diet. Only 6 more days to go

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/19 7:04 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

Holy hot dogs! I just read the Drs. notes and he's saying RNY likely to be changed to sleeve. He suspects I may have adhesions from prior surgeries for hernia repairs. Not sure how I feel about this as I've been told RNY is the gold standard.

Only able to consume two SlimTime shakes per day. They're so disgusting to me now. Good news is I've lost 14lbs to date. Only 2 days to go till surgery.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 239 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics