What's on your Sunday menu, RNYers?

Writergurl08
on 3/17/19 6:05 am
RNY on 02/15/18

good morning! Today won't be as warm as it was yesterday but I might go work on cleaning up the yard for a bit today.

I got my seedlings under grow lights yesterday. A friend of mine is letting me set up in his basement and gave me a house key so I can check on things after work.

qotd: what spring-related things are you doing?

breakfast: coffee with premier

lunch: Brussels sprouts and leftover steak from dinner

dinner: pork chops i think

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

catwoman7
on 3/17/19 6:33 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

We had a lot of fun with the Turkish crowd yesterday - too bad they had to leave kind of early, but one of them had a bunch of work to do this weekend, and I guess the other two figured if we had to take her home, it'd be more convenient for us to drop the two of them off, too. I would have been fine with them staying until midnight! One of them we met for the first time and LOVED her! Hopefully we'll be seeing a lot more of her!

Feeling a bit down this morning after having a great day yesterday - I really do like having a houseful of people (even though there were only three of them!), but it's sunny and clear so we'll try to get out and do something. I have a hellish week coming up - and then surgery the following week - so it may be awhile before we can get out again.

QOTD: Nothing really. Other than getting out a little more after the last six weeks of awful weather!

3 years 9 months out:

B: blueberry protein pancakes with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and homemade blueberry sauce, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: if we're around, some of the chicken-with-walnut-sauce I made for last night's Turkish dinner in a Flat-Out wrap

AS: light yogurt and/or raw veggies dipped in 2 T hummus or ranch Greek yogurt

D: one piece leftover spanakopita and maybe some leftover lentil soup

ex: yoga

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Librarian67
on 3/17/19 6:55 am
RNY on 02/28/17

So glad that you had a nice evening. Glad that you're getting out for yoga. Take some gentle time for yourself to rest up before a hectic week.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Librarian67
on 3/17/19 6:54 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all! Another sunny day here even though it's more seasonably cool. Yesterday it was beautiful but really windy and a broken limb came down from our neighbor's half dead tree and cracked the window in my office. Really pissed and not sure whether I should push to have THEIR home owner's insurance pay for it to be fixed, to file with our insurance or just suck it up and pay for it out of pocket. It's not broken out but will certainly need to be fixed before cold weather again...argh!

Today will be more studying and some housecleaning. Also want to try baking a batch of cupcakes that I found a recipe for: St. P's Day Stout cupcakes with Irish Cream Buttercream icing. Basically it uses a boxed Devil's Food cake mix (yeah it's cheating!) and replaces the water with Guinness. The icing has about 4T of Bailey's for "flavor". Not my thing but I have several friends who are drooling for them. May make a mocha batch with espresso as well for my parents.

QOTD: with all of the time I'm putting in studying right now, I've decided not to start seedlings from scratch again this year. When my parents come next weekend, I may have them help me prep my barrel pots and plant some early flowers for a little color and let that be it for now. I'm also trying to decide whether I want to stay with the yard guys that have been doing the mowing, etc. for about 6 years now. They don't charge alot and it is convenient to have them do it, but they have gotten really sloppy and I am in much better shape than I was when they started. Just not sure that I will have the time to squeeze it in with everything else...

Menu:

B: coffee, DD turkey sausage wakeup wrap

S: protein shake

L: probably TJ's chicken sausages, baby carrots

S: turkey breast, apple

D: I'll figure out something...

E: walk with DW, yard work

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Au_Contraire
on 3/17/19 10:39 pm

I find it interesting that you enjoy baking and do so very creatively, yet you pretty much avoid the fruits of your labor.

karenp8
on 3/17/19 6:59 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! I was so busy yesterday I didn't get a chance to check in. It was Saturday but we worked as there was a youth group from a nearby church scheduled to come in for the morning. We made trash bags into rolls and made cleaning buckets that will be headed out to flooded areas in the Midwest. We sent 2 huge shipments out Friday so the warehouse was totally empty. Work this week will involve restocking shelves I'm sure. QOTD spring cleaning in the dorm here so its ready for the 2 work groups this week and more walks with Lily. I really enjoy light lasting longer in the evening. We've been getting well over 10000 steps every single day! Accountability fair yesterday except 3 mini chocolate bars. Weight today 124.4. Goal is 100 ounces of fluids which I did hit yesterday. 2 short walks and 1 long one planned with Lily too. Heres the food for today B 2/3 c earnest eats pro hot cereal L 2/3 c cheesy broccoli soup D 4 ounces marinated pork chop Sserving of pork rinds with 1 T black bean salsa. Have a great day full of conscious choices everyone!

Writergurl08
on 3/17/19 7:03 am
RNY on 02/15/18

The Midwest appreciates all the help we can get! I personally am not in danger, but DH and I have been to "sandbagging parties" throughout the week. It's heartbreaking Seeing the homes of our friends and family under water

karenp8
on 3/17/19 10:02 am - Brighton, IL

We appreciate being able to help. There's a lot of love and prayers going out with those buckets too!

Greateight
on 3/17/19 7:49 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody. Marilyn has an early tennis match and my sons are still in bed, so I am rattling around the house by myself. We had a new toilet installed in the boys bathroom and the trash disposal service won't take the old one unless the tank is disconnected from the seat, so I will be lying on the driveway wrenching at the rusted hardware on the old toilet today.

Nothing says spring like public amateur plumbing on a filthy commode.

Other than that, I may take my youngest to the gym later on. I already have five days in this week so I will be hot tub/steam room only. And I have to figure out a time when I can visit my mother this summer. One of my best friends announced that he was getting married this summer on the weekend that I planned to visit and now I don't dare call home without an alternate plan.

QOTD: Getting ready for the Kentucky Derby on the first weekend in May. We have never been and are starting to get our outfits pulled together. I don't know if I should get a hat or if so, what kind of hat to get.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and parmesan (out of cottage cheese)

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Corned bbef

Snack: Light and Fit

Dinner: Hamburger

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Writergurl08
on 3/17/19 9:09 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Yes, hat! Though I'm unsure of men's hat fashion, I'm pretty sure for women "the bigger the better?"

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views