Cross post. Health going down hill!!!!

rainesmom
on 3/20/19 7:26 pm - Anahuac, TX

I'm currently 14 years out. I've never had any issues with my health after surgery until this past year. I started with daily headaches. It moved to reactive hypoglycemia then to top it off I have low blood pressure. The doctors can't figure out what is wrong with me. I constantly have dry mouth and have problems eating dry food without drinking to be able to swallow. My eyesight has also changed 3 times in the past year. I've had multiple test to. I'm so frustrated. Has anyone else had any of these issues??

' Lara

230/137/145
top weight/current weight/goal weight

Cris1976
on 3/20/19 7:41 pm

Friend,

I wish force and my best desire of health for you.

C.

Amy R.
on 3/20/19 11:29 pm

I answered over in the Main Forum. Hopefully you'll get the input you need.

MLC45
on 3/21/19 7:09 am

Have you been test for autoimmune diseases like Sjogren's or Grave's disease? Unfortunately your symptoms are found as symptoms for several issues which does make it hard to find the cause. However, my gut leans towards an autoimmune disease of some kind. I would ask the doctor, and see what he thinks. Good Luck

ljbarbara
on 3/21/19 3:53 pm

I also answered on the main forum...

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

Clara2019
on 3/21/19 7:44 pm
RNY on 05/01/19

I echo autoimmune suggestion -- Sjogren's runs in my family; may not be at all related to the weightloss surgery

momyshaver
on 3/25/19 3:08 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I am sorry that I don't have anything to add but I was thinking auto immune. You know, with so much of our immune system being in our gut and more science being found about that, I think I have read something lately about some nerve from the brain to the gut. Sometimes I wonder if having WLS alters that in some way. I still think there are many benefits of having WLS that we have to weigh the cost/benefit to each person and that is another topic for another thread but I have been thinking more about WLS and how that changes things for each of us. Sort of like when you toss a rock into the pond and the ripples go out. I hope you can get some answers and relief to your symptoms. Certainly it seems short and long term despite what we do some of us seem to have a harder time than others and I do feel for you.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics