What's on your Tuesday menu RNYers?

karenp8
on 5/14/19 3:13 am - Brighton, IL

Quick phone post for accountability. Did good step and food wise yesterday and weight is 123.4. Lily and I will take 3 walks to get our steps in today. Here's the food plan B2/3c earnest eats cereal L 4 oz lemon pepper chicken and 1 slice cheese D 4 oz ground beef with cheese no bun S if needed sm apple with 1 T peanut butter. Have a great day full of healthy choices. Pics are evening walk yesterday and one,as requested,of Miss Lily.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/14/19 3:49 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning Karen!! Thanks for getting us going!

Hotel room coffee is yuck, but it's coffee so I'm getting some down. Long day today but the evening entertainment is to some bar with mechanical bull riding so that should be interesting!

accountability - I ate the two biscoff cookies on the plane. Otherwise, made good choices from all the protein options provided.

b - eggs with cheese and a breakfast mest

l - probably whatever the chicken option is

d - going out on a limb, I'm betting there will be bbq tonight and I'm hoping for turkey or sausage but would "settle" for brisket, lol

s - I have a protein bar and a bag of chipotle line jerky if I need it.

have a terrific Tuesday all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/14/19 4:25 am - Burleson, TX

You're in Dallas, right? There will be brisket...and bread...there is always bread...

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Partlypollyanna
on 5/14/19 5:36 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Yes, I am in the big D.

There were lovely rolls last night but I avoided them!! Hoping to do so again today and hoping they don't have biscuits at breakfast.

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 5/14/19 6:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You were so right...there was brisket in the eggs!!

Jen

momyshaver
on 5/15/19 2:58 am
VSG on 06/28/17

In the eggs? What was your opinion? Was it like an omelette? It sounds like you are doing a great job staying accountable with yourself while traveling which isn't always easy. I give much props to you

Partlypollyanna
on 5/15/19 4:43 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Some days (and some places) are easier than others to stay on plan during travel, that's for sure!

the brisket was chopped and scrambled in the eggs, like ham sometimes is. It was not to my taste but the brisket last night at dinner was divine! Tender, smoky and delish.

Jen

Librarian67
on 5/14/19 4:28 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning Karen and all! Thanks for sharing the picture of the happy Miss Lily!!

I'm really feeling exhausted and burnt out. My colleagues agree that I'm not sleeping (I look like H@#$) even though I drop when I hit the bed. Obviously not restful. Got a call back from the Breast Center that I need more follow-up testing on my mammogram last week. The appointment is Friday morning when I had planned to take the whole day to study...so frustrating on many levels.

Busy day in the office including several meetings and my caregivers meeting over lunch.

Accountability: I did well yesterday and weight is down a pound and a half since things are "moving" again.

Menu:

B: coffee w/ Miralax, 2 eggies with spinach and feta

S: EverRoast chicken

L: lentil veg soup & something protein

S: Chomps, small apple

D: I have some tuna steaks in the fridge that I hope I can find the strength to make

E: several short walks today between meetings

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 5/14/19 6:15 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Weight is up 5 lbs this morning (since the end of last week). No way it's all fat, so hopefully this will be gone in a couple of days. I blame it on backup (I know I haven't "gone" since at least Saturday morning when we left for Chicago - could have been longer) and restaurant eating. Calories were high (although we did a TON of walking), but sodium was probably even a worse culprit. Pizza. Caesar (side) salad. Breakfast tacos (ham one morning - chorizo the next). Hopefully I'll be down AT LEAST a pound tomorrow morning. A couple of lunches out are scheduled for this week - so I'll need to be careful - but otherwise, nothing else. I'm really sticking to it these next few days!!

I saw a volunteer position advertised yesterday for a nonprofit agency that provides senior services. They're looking for people to serve as legal guardians for clients who have some sort of mental incapacity (I'm guessing it's mostly dementia, since their clients are seniors). These would be volunteers who would make various decisions for people who have no family (or the family is unwilling to take on the responsibility). I read an article in The New Yorker a year or so ago about unscrupulous legal guardians who took advantage of these seniors, and since then I have always wanted to work with that population in that or a similar capacity so they won't get screwed by some crook. Plus I had some experience working with my dad during his last year of life (not as a legal guardian, but as his agent via durable Power of Attorney and health care Power of Attorney, since his wife wasn't comfortable doing it). So...I'm going to apply. I hope I get this. I'll feel like I'm really helping someone - and/or someone's family. Plus I know I can do this.

Our Mah Jong group meets this afternoon - two hours (I'm pretty much drained by the end of it - that game can be complicated - so many rules!!). Otherwise, nothing. But it's beautiful out, so I'm going to take a walk later on this morning.

oh - for those who only post on weekdays, the plastic surgeon pulled out the internal stitches that had "sprouted" outside my incisions (or at least the part that was sticking out - the part that's still internal will dissolve eventually). Hopefully those hurt-ty little bumps that they sprouted out of will quit hurting so I can wear compression garments again! (they're already feeling a bit better this morning - YAY!). I feel like I've lost some time since I can't tolerate compression for more than a couple hours (it digs into those areas), but then again, what was I supposed to do? It got really painful after awhile. At least this shouldn't be an issue going forward...

3 years 11 months out:

B: 3 protein pumpkin pancakes with Carbmaster cinnamon yogurt + homemade apple compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: whipped/sweetened cottage cheese with raspberries

AS: protein pumpkin pie or L&F yogurt

D: if my salmon is thawed, then that plus steamed broccoli. If not, maybe turkey meatballs with zoodles

have a great day, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

kairosgrammy
on 5/14/19 7:03 am
RNY on 10/17/17

What's your recipe for your protein shake or is it premier. I always like to see how others are making their shakes.

Surgeon: Dr. David Carroll Surgery Date: 3/17/2017 Hospital: Merritt Health River Oaks Hospital

Height: 5'2" HW: 331 lbs SW: 279 lbs GW: 130 (originally, I changed to 140) CW: 130 to 135 ish

Biggest Goal: To Be Healthy in everything I do!!! To make healthy choices always!!! To just embrace HEALTH each and every day for the rest of my Life!!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 475 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 439 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 374 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 104 views
Forum Search Error & 404