Worried about getting a bypass :(

Sarahali
on 7/1/19 5:00 pm

Hi

Im 21 years old and Ive been dieting for most of my life and bouncing back to my start weight. Im truly sick of dieting and gaining back the weight so ive been considering surgery. Ive consulted with 2 surgeons but im still worried. Im worried about the loose skin and extreme hair loss. Are both of those inevitable? Also how hard will it be to maintain my water and protein intake in the first month post-op? And what are the diet restrictions later on in life?

Cris1976
on 7/1/19 6:00 pm

Hi,

Diet and labs and protein control for everylife. Think about. I take bypass and I have dificculties anout the life after. For other people is easy.

English dont is my first language.

Sarahali
on 7/1/19 7:12 pm

Thank you, do you mind explaining what kind of difficulties you face now?

Cris1976
on 7/1/19 7:35 pm

Yes, no problems.

I miss the liberty of life before bypass. I dont like the control life after bypass: labs, proteins etc.

I fear complications too...And this fear in my experience became a mental health crisis.

Is my experience. Other people dont think like and fell like me.

How is your IBM?

Sarahali
on 7/2/19 6:29 am

What is IBM?

Cris1976
on 7/3/19 10:03 am

Sorry, BMI.

White Dove
on 7/1/19 7:10 pm - Warren, OH

The younger you are the less chance of loose skin problems. The hair grows back. If you are not happy with the skin, you can get plastic surgery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sarahali
on 7/1/19 7:11 pm

How much hair am I expected to lose? Do most people get bald spots? It feels like a dealbreaker to me

Cris1976
on 7/1/19 7:31 pm

No, I'm a lot of hair!!!!

Gina 21 Years Out
on 7/2/19 5:40 am - Burleson, TX

Personally, I lost VERY little hair-at about 4 months out- and what I did lose, grew back ,in better shape, than it was, pre op...

More importantly, to ME, I lost my 4 x day insulin shots, and 180 extra pounds :)

Please keep in mind we are ALL individuals. There are no "most" people, and we will all different experiences/opinions

For ME, my focus was HEALTH. Others may have entirely different reasons for their WLS...

You are VERY wise, to be asking honest questions, and voicing your concerns, so early on

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 336 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 378 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 472 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 386 views