WLS Cookbooks

Clara2019
on 7/7/19 8:20 pm
RNY on 05/01/19

My surgery is mid-September and I'm concentrating on preparation over the summer, including trying out new to me recipes.

I searched in this forum -- most posts are several years old. Quick amazon search found no shortage of titles, and some specific to the type of surgery. Are they a valuable resource? Does anyone have a recommendation for any of the WLS cookbooks?

Thanks

Rosemi
on 7/7/19 8:28 pm

Try theworldaccordingtoeggface.com for one...good wishes with your surgery

catwoman7
on 7/8/19 5:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

^^^ what she said. I found I really only needed specialized recipes for the first month or so, so the eggface site was perfect!

Mary Gee
on 7/8/19 9:26 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

There are several Bariatric Recipe Facegroup pages...just search Bariatric and you'll find them. Bariatric Living and Recipes is one.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/15/19 7:26 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

For the first month and probably the first few, you will not need a cookbook - just follow your surgeons directions. They will be for simple food, simply prepared. Your tastes may change, substantially, so the cookbooks maynot be that important for the time being. It is good that you are taking the pre-op phase seriously. IMHO, The healthier you go into surgery, the healthier you come out, so working on gentle mobility is a key. Likely, you be need to move post op to avoid all sorts of bad complications.

Later on, I did buy a cookbook, but i never used it. There are lots of online resources for free and you can usually get reviews and avoid the easy-to-ruin receipes. (Save your money for plastic surgery or a great vacation)

Best wishes for your weight loss journey,

Sharon

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?