What's on your Saturday Menu RNYers?

Queen JB
on 7/13/19 3:47 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey Kids! I am up super early this Saturday and I have been inspired by AmyLiz to look more closely at Keto options so I have been playing with my menu and macros for a few hours already. See below for my new goals.

Tonight I am going to see my nephew in his first MMA cage fight :/ He is a super athlete and has a ton of blackbelt levels and stuff, so I think he'll be fine, but I can't say I'm exactly looking forward to it... Yikes!

Accountability: I ended up having a totally different day than I planned, but I stayed on track and ended the day below my targeted calories. I didn't end up with such exercise, though, so I am going to hit the gym hard today!

QOTD: If you could choose one age to stay at forever, what would it be? I am torn between staying where I am now because I really like my 40s and feel pretty confident and settled...or going back to being about 5 years old when everything was fun and playful.

Exercise: I am planning to just kill it at the gym today. A few miles of running, and then I am not sure what else.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 7/13/19 5:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I'm taking DH to the airport later this morning - he flies out to New Jersey to help his mother with her move. She is moving HERE, in fact (well, not to our house, but to an apt the next town over). I'm so glad this is finally happening since we've been encouraging her to do this for a LONG TIME - esp after my spending every other month flying back and forth to North Carolina the last couple of years of my father's life. No one (not even my mother-in-law) wants DH to have to do the same thing if & when her health starts failing (DH is an only child - and so is his mother - so...no close family out there to help deal with these things). They hired some company to help with packing up on that end - they'll be coming on Wednesday - and then DH and his mom will start driving the truck here whenever they fini****'ll probably take them 2-3 days to get here since his mom isn't crazy about long drives - and with a truck, DH probably won't want to drive more than eight or so hours a day, either. So...I expect them here sometime on Friday. The rest of the summer will probably be busy getting her settled in to her new home, getting connected with the community, meeting people, etc. But that's OK...

I have my annual follow-up appt at the weight clinic on Monday, so I'm going to try really hard to avoid excess sodium this weekend. And I'll drink a ton of fluids, too. I feel blown-up again at the moment, even though my accountability was OK yesterday. I had this "pho dip" sandwich yesterday for lunch at a restaurant - it was c. 3 oz of shaved roast beef with sriracha and hoisin sauce (and basil and some other herbs which don't count) dipped in beef pho. I just checked and that little number was LOADED with sodium - thus, the bloat this morning. Ugh. I'd like to weigh the same as I did last year, so...(it's possible as long as I'm not bloated again on Monday!!)

QOTD: I loved both my 40s and my 50s - so somewhere in there. I would definitely NOT want to be a kid again. Twenties and thirties were fun - but I like feeling more settled and financially secure which I do now. Plus 40s and 50s are still relatively young to boot. So ...middle age for me!

4 years 1 month out:

B: protein pancakes with 1/3 C plain Greek yogurt with either diced fruit or (no added sugar) fruit sauce, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: 2-3 lentil patties, Greek yogurt

MS: raw veggies with ranch Greek dip (yikes - lots of sodium in the latter - but, I won't eat much of it since it's a dip)

D: crap - everything I have has a ton of sodium in it - deli meats, Beyond Burgers - I may have to go pick up some non-frozen meat at the store!

ex: I'll go to the gym - stationary bike, maybe. I think it might be too hot to walk outside much today (ditto for most of next week unless I go early, early, early....)

have a great day, all!

Greateight
on 7/13/19 6:19 am, edited 7/12/19 11:19 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Great job staying the same weight for a whole year, Trish!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 7/13/19 7:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

thanks! It's a constant struggle. Constant. UGH!

Queen JB
on 7/13/19 7:22 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Wow that is a long drive for them! I hope they get along. I love my family but we'd absolutely murder each other after 4 straight days of driving.

catwoman7
on 7/13/19 7:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

he gets along pretty well with her most of the time. She can be pretty domineering, but he's a very laid-back guy. It takes A LOT to get him ticked off. Most of the time he just sort of backs off and ignores people who are driving him nuts. I'm a different story - I can handle her for about two days tops. At least once she lives here, she won't be staying at our house anymore (thus 24/7 contact for several days - UGH!). It'll be more like a couple hours here and a couple hours there. I can handle that. I actually really like her, but our personalities clash sometimes. I just can't be around her for days on end.

Queen JB
on 7/13/19 7:33 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ha, yeah that was going to be my next question--how you feel about having her nearby!? Is she originally from the area? Will she know people there or just you two?

catwoman7
on 7/13/19 10:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

she grew up in St Louis and came here (to the Univ of Wisconsin) for graduate school. She met her husband here in Madison (Greg's late father). They lived here for several years since he was working on a PhD. Once he graduated, they moved to NYC (Queens). He wanted to be on the east coast since he was from Worcester, Mass (well actually, West Boylston) and wanted to be closer to his family. He died many years ago, but she stayed out there. She eventually moved to New Jersey because I don't think Queens was ever her "thing". But anyway, she's been in the same house for like 50 years.

at this point she just knows the two of us plus my family (well, my mom and my sister and my sister's family). They're all in this area. I think she has a college friend who lives here as well, but they've been out of touch for many years. MIL is really social, though - I don't think she'll have any trouble meeting people, and there's a ton of stuff around here for retirees (as I've discovered!). Classes, lectures, day trips, social organizations. I've already signed her up for a couple - and she's already joined my film discussion group, too!

I actually have a fair amount in common with her. We have similar interests. I have a lot more in common with her than I do MY mom (and actually, I can tolerate MIL for like two days - my mother it's more like two HOURS!). But since MIL won't be living at our house and therefore not around 24/7, I think it should be fine.

she's at that point in her life where her friends out there were either dying or moving away to be closer to their kids, so she figured it was time. And again, watching me fly back and forth to NC a million times for two years because of my father gave her the motivation to finally move - so I'm glad she's doing it. I'd hate to have DH go through what I did - flying out to NJ all the time if her health starts to go. She didn't want that, either. Plus he's SUPER excited about her coming here, so that's good, too.

karenp8
on 7/13/19 5:55 am - Brighton, IL

Up fairly early today too and Lily and I already have our first long walk in. We'll do 2 more at some point today too. QOTD where I am now--59. With my weight loss my heal th is better now than it was in my 40s. Accountability was not great yesterday as we got no morning walk and I also had extra snacks that were not needed. Back focused and on track today. Weight is 122.6 today. Here's the food plan B2/3c earnest eats hot cereal L 4oz deli chicken and cheese D 4 oz salmon S if needed hummus and 4 pretzels. Have a great day full of smart and conscious choices everyone!

Writergurl08
on 7/13/19 6:59 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning all! Thanks for the well-wishes yesterday. I was a bit scattered and posting from the hospital to kill time and calm nerves.

Im very stiff and sore, definitely whiplash and a minor concussion. I was released from the hospital around 3, then we went to give my keys to the collision center and clean out my car. The car didn't look TOO bad to my untrained eyes, and it's driveable. But the rear bumper and tail lights are shattered and the trunk lid will need to be replaced as well as both rear panels. Insurance is still likely to call it a total loss. Im more annoyed about the car situation than my own bodily injury as my car was paid off, we're saving for a house, and now I'll likely need to go car shopping.

qotd: I'm 34 in less than a month and pretty satisfied where I'm at. I think I would go back to being 14-15-an awkward age, sure, but I had good friends, a job, and no real responsibilities so all my income was disposable.

yesterday I was starving when I left the hospital so we ate at the cafe in the grocery store while I waited for my prescription to be filled. I had a grilled chicken sandwich (sans bun) and a side salad, and almost immediately felt nauseous and threw it up. Not sure if it was because of going so long with an empty stomach or nausea from the concussion.

Today I'm having coffee this morning with Premier

lunch: cottage cheese, tuna packet

dinner: I'm cooking some stuffed chicken breast grillers. If I don't have an appetite I'll save mine for leftovers

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 228 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?