Suggestions

Reese123
on 9/11/19 1:28 pm

Like to start of saying, this group is amazing....has given me the courage to go through with surgery.

Had my surgery two days ago and just got home...horrible experience....extreme pain, stitch ripped, just overall terrible experience .....don't blame anyone, my doctor is great, it just is what it is....not everyone goes through this, and the last thing I want to do is discourage anyone.....but please tell me this gets better....I'm just miserable and am regretting my decision.

Emiepie
on 9/11/19 1:45 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Hi! Welcome to the losers bench. It sounds like you had a rough time so far. Now is time to rest and adjust to your new lifestyle. Walk/sip/rest-repeat is your job right now. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll feel better in no time.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Reese123
on 9/11/19 2:00 pm

Thank you very much

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/11/19 2:30 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

It absolutely gets better. I had a revision a bit over a month ago and the first week was absolutely miserable. I was in pain that the narcotics hardly touched, I could hardly get my fluids in, I tried to walk around but had zero energy.

I went off the pain pills at the end of the first week and did a couple of days on Tylenol, the pain was gone shortly thereafter.

I'm five weeks out, and even though I'm still struggling with a lot of things. I've got some energy back and life has pretty much returned to normal.

Hang in there! You can do it!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Reese123
on 9/11/19 2:55 pm

Thank you very much guys....appreciate the positive feedback.

sunnyday55
on 9/11/19 7:46 pm

I'm doing my revision Monday.Im trying to be very positive.Some people have an "easy" post op period,some have a more difficult time.Sorry you had the later.Does it feel way different from your sleeve?

Glad to hear you hopefully

on the other side of your discomfort.Are you having any reflux issues? How is your weight loss doing. What diet phase are you on now,are you tolerating it ok.

Not gonna lie, getting nervous.......Monday will be here before you know it.

BTW,I appreciate your comments on the other posts.

Thank you!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/11/19 9:59 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

My pouch definitely feels different. My sleeve actually stretched out to over double its original size, apparently due to a genetic defect with my connective tissue. So I can eat WAY less now than I could with my sleeve, which has actually been very helpful.

Weight loss is going well, down by 26lb and almost in the 100's again! I'm eating normal foods now without too much trouble, though I've had issue with a few foods getting stuck like jerky and chicken breast that was a little overcooked.

I have had zero reflux since I got home from the hospital, thank goodness! It makes me very glad I did this.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

sunnyday55
on 9/11/19 10:21 pm

Awesome news all the way around!

I have developed ulcers of my esophagus due to acid.Thankful to hear of your lack of reflux.

So,it was worth it!? Relieved to hear that you are glad you had it done.I will keep that in front of me,when I have my difficult time.

Appreciate your input. 5 days to go........

sunnyday55
on 9/11/19 7:58 pm

Not sure if you got my message I just sent you. Sorry you had such a difficult time post op.Worrying I might too.Did you have a lap procedure or open?My physician is not sure what he will decide to do until the procedure.

Im curious about how you feel with the RNY vs your sleeve. Probably hard to tell so early on in your healing phase.What diet are you on now and are you tolerating it? How's your weight loss? Most importantly, any reflux?

Very interested in you continued progress.........

White Dove
on 9/11/19 2:48 pm - Warren, OH

Things will get better everyday and your life in general will get better as you lose the weight and become more healthy.

I am sorry you had such a bad experience. That is not what normally happens. Get lots of rest, lots of fluids, and make sure you get enough movement in.

I am looking forward to watching your journey, so please keep us informed.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 287 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views