Wine

Kathyjs
on 9/13/19 8:52 am

For the newbies: You may see posts that include wine spritzers on the daily menu. After RNY alcohol goes directly to your liver. We all had surgery to make us healthier. Ruining our liver should not be in the plan. I dont want you thinking, well a vet says its ok. I am not saying an occasional drink is so bad but including it in your daily diet is simply switching addictions

White Dove
on 9/13/19 9:06 pm - Warren, OH

I worry about the whole thing with wine being depicted as glamourous fun. It reminds me of when I was growing up and advertisements made it look like a cigarette was so glamourous.

I think that a lot of people are becoming alcoholics and think it is just harmless wine, not the hard stuff.

"Just wine" still affects your liver and your brain.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/14/19 10:38 am, edited 9/15/19 10:21 pm

As much as I wish I could just have a glass of wine once in a while, I can't. Or shouldn't.

Before RNY I never had issues with alcohol, but post op, I could use the alcohol to help with my body pains (since I no longer can take NSAIDs), or with my gut cramps, IBS. That can be a slippery slope for me. I used food as stress relief, and comfort factor. I don't want alcohol to become that. Transfer addiction is real.

On top of that, I noticed that when I occasionally drink alcohol, I start gaining weight. Every time I experienced regain it was because I also was drinking some alcohol.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Christina135
on 9/16/19 7:36 am

Transfer addiction is 100% a real thing. As someone who just recently celebrated their 100 days of sobriety, I know this to be true.

I wish I could have one glass of wine, but I simply can't. I have to have the entire bottle. Ergo, I simply do not have one glass of wine.

We are all on a crazy journey. Alcohol is a way to ensure your journey is harder, and much longer than it needs to be.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Partlypollyanna
on 9/16/19 8:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Congratulations on triple digits!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Christina135
on 9/16/19 9:07 am

Thank you! One day at a time, it's the only way. And I feel wonderful!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views