What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 9/24/19 3:06 am, edited 9/24/19 3:13 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello, my friends!

I decided to take another sick day, today! I felt (and sounded) terrible yesterday and everyone kept yelling at me to leave. But, like AmyLiz reminded me yesterday--I am an "all in, or all out" kind of person (I think am actually incapable of working a 1/2 day)! I ended up working 13 hours yesterday which was not the plan! So, if I am going to get better, I think I need to stay home.

Accountability: Perfecto, except that I added a few crackers to my dinner. Must Throw. Away. The. Crackers....

QOTD: How did you meet your best friend? I moved to Boston when I was 19 for an internship and lived in this very interesting boarding house. It was founded by a progressive church in the 1800s so that "wayward" women could have a safe place to live and work away from their families. It was on the fanciest street in all of Boston, which is the only thing that made it livable, because they still had all of the very outdated puritanical church rules from the 1800s! Plus (this was before cell phones) there were 2 pay phones for 44 women to share. It was actual hell. My roommate there became by BFF, and we lived together in a few other apartments for almost a decade.

I think that if I am staying home today, I am going to experiment with a bunch of Chaffle Recipes, so no formal menu, yet! But lots of chaffle goodness in my future. I might start with chocolate ones for breakfast, because what could be better on a sick day!? :)

Exercise: I did end up doing a long walk yesterday, and think I will try to do the same today.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 9/24/19 3:16 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Morning all! Quick post as I have an early day today!

QOTD: I met my best friend at my previous job. All I knew was that a new girl was supposed to be starting that day. I got to work early and I had to let her in as she didn't have a key to the building yet. It's funny because that day I said to myself.....we are going to end up best friends and we did. We do everything together now. I attended her wedding and watched her go through the ups and downs of trying to get pregnant. And now she's expecting her first baby girl in November and can't wait! She just gets me and I get her. We laugh nonstop! Can't imagine life without her now as cheesy as that sounds! Lol

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: roast beef deli meat and cheese roll up

D: leftover salmon and veggies

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

momyshaver
on 9/24/19 4:40 am
VSG on 06/28/17

QOTD - I have had several best friends through my life so far. We met very randomly so I try to tell myself now that one never knows until hindsight when one might meet their next good friend and to not close myself off to the possibility. (I do not currently have any close friends due to moves and how life happens and people get busy. I think I have many good friends and friends that we could pick up where we left off or that I could count on if needed, etc.)

I have not had a chaffle yet but I have been collecting chaffle recipes and have it taped to my fridge, "to try"... I am really hoping I will like them. I need some nutrient dense recipes in my current rotation. I think I could make some up to microwave for easy bases for meals if they are a hit.

supershopper
on 9/24/19 5:06 am

hmmm must pintrest chaffle...

slept in a little and got to work at 7:45. actually left my laptop here which I've only done one other time. it was nice and since I don't have internet at this place it didn't make sense anyway...

QOTD: my first best friend I met at church in south GA. My second best friend I met at the bus stop I think. she lived a street over.

I stayed on plan and worked out and the scale rewarded me with a 2.4 pound gain. lol whatever.

food today:

shrimp/ cauli oatmeal

tuna salad on wheat low carb wrap

chicken and veggies

not sure what else

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

catwoman7
on 9/24/19 6:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Busy day today - as it will be for the rest of this week. It's probably good I took yesterday "off" (I had yoga class + a 90-minute meeting + did about an hour's worth of work for my organization last night, but other than that, nada...). Adult education classes start today, so I have one this morning from 10:00-noon (I may just take this one this semester as I have a lot of other things going on - plus I'll miss most of the month of October). After that I have a luncheon meeting - then Mah Jongg this afternoon. MIL will be with me at all of these things. I'm so glad she's finally getting out and doing things!! And she said may be interested in Mah Jongg (she wants to watch this afternoon to see if she's truly interested in pursuing it) - I never would have imagined!!

QOTD: I haven't really had a best friend in a long time (DH would probably be considered my current one - although I was referring to very close female friends). Two people from my past would qualify as "best friends", though. The first was my best friend in high school. She's the one who died of brain cancer this past summer. We met in ninth grade - she sat behind me in biology class. We were joined at the hip until my family moved to North Carolina my junior year of high school, but we kept up through letters and phone calls (and rare visits - and of course, email and Facebook these past few years****il she passed away. My second best friend I met in my first master's program when I was 22. We were also joined at the hip. She left two years later to do a PhD in New York. As with the first friend, we kept up over the years - mostly through phone calls and later, email. I saw her last month for the first time in over 30 years. I sometimes regret that I don't have any super close women friends like that any more. I have lots of friends, but none like that. I miss it.

Accountability was good again yesterday. It was a struggle, though - by 5:00 pm I'd had my daily allotment of calories, but I managed to ignore the cravings and hunger pains and just pushed fluids all evening. Lots of eating out this week, so I didn't want to blow it yesterday..(and I didn't!)

4 years 3 months out:

B: protein pancakes with 1/3 C plain Greek yogurt and homemade blueberry/blackberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: the luncheon is at a Chinese restaurant. I'll order a non-fried meat & veggie dish and skip the rice

AS: nothing - no time.

D: something light given a heavier-than-usual lunch. Maybe just deli turkey - or a salad with turkey on it

have a great day, all!

Emiepie
on 9/24/19 7:00 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Can't believe how fast your trip is coming up.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 9/24/19 8:38 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I know!! At one time it seemed like FOREVER in the future!

Partlypollyanna
on 9/24/19 6:09 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good for you for taking time off to get better! I hope it helps!

qotd - I met my bff Michelle at work - her first day, I got in a heated argument with her boss (who is my forever "what would this person do and then do the opposite" litmus test) and scared the crap out of Michelle - we've been best friends for 20+ years now!

accountability - did not eat all my things and did not exercise; when I went home I just chilled and read.

menu

ive had all the coffee but now switching to tea. Also have my ever roast chicken and slice cheese , plus a cottage cheese from yesterday. I had a cottage cheese and baby bel when I woke up this morning. We'll see how the day goes.

i also have a dentist appt today and I would rather go to the lady parts doc than the dentist!

have a great Tuesday all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 9/24/19 6:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Wow, you really DO hate the dentist.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 9/24/19 7:10 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I'll take a dentist over a Yuck doctor any day!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views