What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 10/14/19 3:00 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Indigenous People's Day! I am so happy that I have a three day weekend. I love three day weekends--one day to have fun, one to run errands, and one day to rest! It's a perfect formula, IMO. Nothing much happening today. I'm still keeping Grim company while he keeps his knee up and stays in. I predict a movie marathon on the couch.

Accountability: Nope. I was terrible yesterday, but luckily I think all of the bad stuff is out of the house (and in my belly).

QOTD: Do you fall asleep right away when you go to bed? I do! It took many years, but now as soon as I get into bed I am asleep. Staying asleep after I wake up in the middle of the night is whole different matter, but that is getting better, too.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

bethmal
on 10/14/19 3:17 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Hello JB and Menuers!

Enjoy the 3rd day of your weekend, JB. You (and so many others deserve it!) I do not have off today but Friday is a teacher inservice day and the children will be off. I have a math meeting all-day long. Blech.

The weekend was great! Camping was relaxing, the festival was fun and being with my family yesterday was the icing on the cake. My older brother (who can be an a$$) was actually pleasant to me and my other brother. It's a weird family dynamic that I cannot figure out.

Accountability: I ate half of a scrapple sandwich, half of an apple dumpling, cheesy Texas potato casserole and a small piece of birthday cake this weekend. I do not regret it because I drank a lot of water, walked a lot and enjoyed every single bite. Back at it today. I have lost 3 pounds of my 10 pound regain. All of my clothes still fit fine and I am determined to lose the rest.

QOTD: I do fall asleep right away and I usually sleep through the night. I am up around 5 AM Monday through Friday and I usually sleep in until 7ish on the weekends.

I might add a hardboiled egg as a morning snack. It helps me to ward off snacking on candy at school.

Have a great day!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

MadisonRose
on 10/14/19 3:32 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Tossed and turned last night and kept waking up looking at the time. I hate when I do that. It only happens during the week when I know I have work the next morning. On the weekends I don't have that issue.

QOTD: Depends in how tired I am. Most nights I do, but some nights it takes me around 20 minutes or so. Or if I have something on my mind that is worrying me then it could take me forever to fall asleep.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: turkey and cheese roll up

D: turkey meatballs

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Emiepie
on 10/14/19 3:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB-I hope you enjoy the extra day to relax and of course I hope Grim's knee is better soon. We had a nice pretty relaxing weekend and off to the races since none of us have today off.

Accountability: Not great this weekend as Quest cookies from the cupboard found me oh and Cheezits did too!!

QOTD: Yes, usually as soon as my head****s the pillow. To be honest, I usually start to doze on the couch first.

TSS: 5 years 2 months

B: SF latte, Eggbeaters, 2 turkey sausage links, and 1/2 an orange

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Chaffle with SF syrup and carbmaster yogurt

D: BBQ chicken pizza on 1/2 low carb lavash and SF BBQ sauce, small salad, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with cream cheese and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber and 40 mins of elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1480 Protein: 133 Carbs: 112 Fat: 58

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 10/14/19 5:27 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Kelly, I sent you a note.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

momyshaver
on 10/14/19 4:25 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Ahhhhh Monday we meet again, lol. My children were telling me how they thought they would be off school today and I just laughed at them and replied that they were silly. (They are educated at home, some with a program that is public school at home called k12 and some who are, in my state, privately home educated using curriculum bought by me, etc.) I told them they definitely were NOT off of school today. Frankly, I need the structure of our school week just as much as they do if not more. Idle hands and minds and all of that ;)

Accountability - pretty decent on the vitamins and water using that Manga health app (HIGHLY suggest if you haven't checked it out!) BUT my partner brought over sweets this weekend. I was able to hold out the entire weekend but late last night after everyone was sleeping and it was just me, my stressed mind and those remaining apple fritters PLUS leftovers in the fridge. Um...let's just say it wasn't pretty or on plan. :/ My weight is actually down but my body feels like it has been beaten by a ball bat today. I am back on the wagon, taking my vitamins and drinking fluids this morning. Up at my normal time and into our week day routine. Today will be better.

QOTD - I sleep "like a baby"...which means, I don't sleep well. I am up a lot at night. I cherish the times I can fall asleep but I sleep in spurts that are nap like despite trying just about any and everything herbal and man made. I really hope I grow outta it someday.

I hope everyone has a great start to their week!

karenp8
on 10/14/19 4:47 am - Brighton, IL

Another Monday. Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do more later. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 121.4 today. QOTD usually I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the bed but if I wake during the night I have a terrible time going back to sleep. Here's the food plan for the day B L&F yogurt with 1/4 c granola L 4oz deli chicken and cheese D 4 oz grilled brat S if needed 3 peanut butter crackers. Have a wonderful day full of healthy choices everyone!

Partlypollyanna
on 10/14/19 4:56 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving too! I am jealous of all the three day weekends - we don't have any company holidays between Labor Day and Thanksgiving! But I am off Friday of this week and Monday of next which almost makes up for having to put in some hours on Saturday and Sunday (Almost).

My faucet in my bathtub refused to turn off last night and then the handle came off in my hand! Fortunately, I'm still within the 12 month new home warranty so the builder will have to send someone to fix it (again - this has been the biggest problem with the new house!). I couldn't get it to turn off and there isn't a separate shutoff for the tub so I'm having to turn off the water in the basement, turn it on to shower, turn it back off. It's fine, just annoying, and i won't be able to be home for the plumber until Wednesday. For your Monday amusement - I had a deep conditioning mask on my hair and a pumpkin face mask on when I had to fight with the faucet, run down to the basement, etc. it's good that I live alone, it was very sitcom worthy.

qotd - I read for 10-15 minutes, kill the lights and am asleep in minutes. If I'm not, I know I won't sleep that night. On the flip side, when I wake up, I'm up! 234 this morning for example.

menu today has been coffee with half and half, and I have 4.1 oz ever roast deli chicken, 2 baby bel, and a cottage cheese in my lunch back and then for dinner I will have left over chili and a light and fit greek.

Yesterday was not great fluid wise - not even 50 oz so I have To do better today.

have a great Monday all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 10/14/19 7:08 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yikes, and you can't get it fixed until Wednesday?!?!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 10/14/19 3:54 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

They could come tomorrow but I have to be up on our office on the morning and my physical in the afternoon. I thought about seeing if my mom would come let them in but realized I'd rather have to go back and forth turning the water off and on, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 381 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 475 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 393 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?