Just because I can doesn't mean I should...

Lucile777
on 10/16/19 6:51 pm

Regain freight train has officially left me in the dust. Up to 183 from my lowest of 161. Been eating junk. Slider foods. Eating when I'm not hungry. Grazing. Yes. I take total responsibility and I KNOW how it's coming back on. My malabsorption has stopped. Absorption of excess calories is officially on. God I can go on and on about what I ate today particularly but that won't do any good. Please send your positive vibes my way so that I can get back to basics and protein, protein, protein. I'm going for my two year check up tomorrow and I think I'm going to ask for help :( Love all of you. God bless.

RNY Oct. 27/17. HW 289; SW 285; GW 144; LW: 161 CW: 196 FML: Fighting regain :(

Emiepie
on 10/16/19 6:56 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

You can do this! You are worth it! Feel free to join us in the daily menu post-great place for accountability and support.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lucile777
on 10/16/19 7:19 pm

How are you staying at 137? Do you exercise regularly and track your food? If so, what's your exercise of choice?

Emiepie
on 10/17/19 7:36 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hi! I do exercise pretty much daily, but it is more for mental and heart health (I do mostly cardio with a combination of running (3-4 a week), elliptical and stairmaster. I track everything in myfitnesspal but honestly and truly what helps the most is being on here and M-F you can see my menu and exercise on the daily menu thread.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Tracywaites
on 10/16/19 8:56 pm

This is a great group! I'm learning and very new at this. I wish you the very best! We all fall down but we don't stay there

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/17/19 3:52 am

Something tells me you still enjoy your glass of wine here and there. or 2.

And that often comes with not so good food choices. I've been there.

2 months ago you stated that you are 180... today is 183... not a huge gain, but since at 180 you were planing to get this under control, ...it did not happen. so..3 lbs in 2 months...by December you may be closer to 190.. the holidays are upon us... Thanksgiving, and then Christmas with all the parties...all that food...

If you chose to still have alcohol - I would reserve that for an extremely rare occasion.. like special dinner, or vacation...I never could lose regain if I insisted on having a glass of wine or 2 a few times a week..

I hope I am wrong and you don't drink anymore. That would be great.

When dealing with stress, the pre-op me would eat sweets as pacifier - anxiety relief. Then post op - alcohol became my downfall. Huge stress - my anxiety could cause a severe IBS cramps, that alcohol would help.

But... when I realized I started really using it to deal with stress and anxiety, I talked to my doc and he changed my anxiety meds. The combination of meds I am on - helps with my anxiety, so I don;t need to "eat it up" or drink wine to deal with stress.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lucile777
on 10/18/19 9:46 pm

lol with the drinking. Honestly I have had a drink 4 times in 2 months. you are right though... I gained 3 pounds in 2 months. I do stress eat and most of the times it's head hunger. I went to my 2 year check up which I will post about in a separate post. Thanks HALAB.

White Dove
on 10/17/19 5:22 am - Warren, OH

A 20 pound retain often happens with the end of malabsorption. That is NOT caused by eating junk.

It is the body recovering from surgery. Eating junk is going to make this much harder for you. At this point you will either go to the amount of calories that you need to get back to and maintain your goal weight or you will retain your weight.

The first two years are easy. Then the hard work starts.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

ScaleSkater
on 10/17/19 10:15 am

My program asks that if you hit 10% regain that they get a call. They want to help keep things in check, including using some of the new meds if need to get the train moving again. Good luck with your appointment

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Vanvooh
on 10/17/19 10:49 am

Although I have not yet had the surgery ( working on it), I have lost 30 Pounds on my own but this last week the eating has been not so good.. In fact terrible. Grazing, cookies pretzels, pasta, just a lot of crap I should not eat. So today I have worked to get back on track and its going well so far. This is such a mind game.

Anyway- good luck to you ! Im right there with ya

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views