What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu, RNYers?

momyshaver
on 10/19/19 4:29 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Those pics are leading up to some awesome fun. How neat!

Librarian67
on 10/18/19 6:38 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Hi folks! Made it to Friday and thankfully I'm working from home today until DW & I run to an appointment with her neuro and my GP.

I have been really sick, tired and achy this week. I've assumed that it was just my body's way of acting out after days, weeks and months of being pushed beyond it's limits. But even with some rest, mega-hydration and self-care, I am still feeling horrible. Yesterday in the office I almost passed out a couple of times and fell asleep in a meeting and again at my desk. Also lots of aching and pain and some gastric distress. Decided that it's time to have a checkup with my GP (in the same practice with DW's neuro) and be sure that there's nothing else going on. Probably will have some bloodwork in the morning too, may well be anemic or otherwise out of whack. Ended up cancelling my gym time yesterday and coming home early and going to bed. Also going to try to get in some extra sleep this weekend.

I'm going to write a separate post but I've had several people tell me that I need to do a detox. Pre-WLS I've done some but I find them completely useless and post-WLS I don't think that they're actually good for my body. I know that lots of us have done AMAW and CAMAW to reset our eating habits, but not sure that that's exactly what I need. Of course my massage therapist told me that her medical medium instructed her to only drink celery juice for a week and I managed to smile and nod and thank her for the information.... Thoughts?

Menu:

B1: coffee x2 w/ Miralax

B2: vanilla CarbMaster yogurt w/ blackberries & slivered almonds

L: TJ's balsamic chicken breast, salad w/ Skinnygirl dressing

S: protein shake

D: ?not sure

E: hoping I can get in a long walk this evening

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Emiepie
on 10/18/19 6:43 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Janet, I hope you start to feel better soon. You have had so much going on it doesn't surprise me that your body is making you take time out for you. I don't know anything about detoxing and I would think it could cause blood sugar issues for me.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

momyshaver
on 10/19/19 4:33 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I think my thoughts on detox are pretty close to this. I know my vitals that my FitBit records change when I don't eat enough or use my feeding tube or get dehydrated. I don't test my blood sugar regularly but when I am lacking in those core areas and I end up in the hospital my blood sugar ends up dangerously low. Please make sure to "put your own oxygen mask first", iykwim... you have so much going on that you are managing so well. Take time for yourself too. I realize it is easier said than done so much of the time

Queen JB
on 10/19/19 1:34 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yes go get checked out! And rest rest rest this weekend!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Christina135
on 10/18/19 6:45 am, edited 10/17/19 11:46 pm

Good morning and Happy Friday everyone! Finally we made it.

QOTD - I wish. I have recently started phasing Tupperware out, and changing it with glassware. I don't have a good system for that either haha!

Breakfast - Frozen fruit smoothie w/ water, hot tea

Snack - Rice cake with peanut butter (I think I'm obsessed), and a tangerine

Lunch - Going to try to get something nearby healthy, probably at the vegetarian place nearby

Dinner - NOT A CLUE. Going to a concert tonight but definitely need to eat first, because I am not about that pizza/popcorn/nacho life.

Here's a picture from my wedding! One of the happiest days ever! I am also including a picture of my kitchen last fall when we were babysitting a few extra dogs, and for one brief moment, I actually had 15 dogs at my property! This was them waiting for snacks!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

momyshaver
on 10/19/19 4:34 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I cannot fathom all of those dogs at one time. So much cuteness!!!

Julia S.
on 10/18/19 7:08 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Beautiful pen JB!

QOTD- Unable to organize at even the most basic level, even those containers that are supposed to stay in the larger one. Forget about it!

I got the call from the DNA people and I potentially will owe $568 for the test which actually they bill the insurance at $5500. I told them to go ahead, since I've met my out of pocket maximum I'm hoping I won't owe anything. So maybe they can find something that will work for me.

I work from home today so much more laid back. I have a counseling session in a couple of hours, and then a site meet at 12:30 so I should stay busy.

My roommate is still in the hospital, I have to do a bunch of running around for him today. It's hard on me but so much more difficult for him. I'm the only one that he allows to come and see him, so he's pretty dependent on me. So I'll do what he needs to have me do, and hope he gets out soon. He's having to rebuild his core muscles, he can't really sit up without using the bed rails. It will be a long process, plus he has an area in the center of his back where he has no feeling. He's upset that they didn't do more to prevent it, but since it is a rare complication I'm not sure how much they could have done. He's on stage 2 pureed foods- he so far hasn't found anything on the menu that he can tolerate. I pretty much skipped this phase and continued on liquids, which is what he's doing. Not much choice when you're in the hospital and don't eat yogurt.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

momyshaver
on 10/19/19 4:49 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I am so sorry your roommate has been having this complication. I must have missed what happened exactly but I know when the unexpected hits us it can be so hard to accept sometimes, when we feel like it wasn't one of the cards we would have to deal with. You are so kind to support him. I am sorry he doesn't have a bigger circle of care; however, please do what you can to take care of yourself. He is really blessed to have you, having been through bariatric surgery yourself you can offer some insight and that it DOES it get better and those early stages are hard but they are a moving target and even with complications, thankfully life gets better. That is my mantra. It gets better. Life won't be perfect but everything that sucks would be harder being morbidly obese. I remind myself that frequently when I am dealing with some particular health situation that I feel is "unfair" or what not. Everything would be harder/worse had I remained morbidly obese. I hope he recovers and reaps the benefits of this new lifestyle he chose rather than the complications, soon. I hope he has access to good therapy. I think that helps post surgery, especially if there are complications.

Teenie
on 10/18/19 7:26 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good morning JB and Menuers,

So I went for the second time to pain management yesterday about my tailbone pain. He uped the dose of the Cymbolta to 60mg and is sending me to a psychiatrist. I have the top of the line insurance and I think he is just stinging me along to keep banging my insurance. I am not crazy I have FN tail bone pain jackass. OK I now got that out of my system.

QOTD: I do not have a Tupperware cupboard like we did in our family home in the 60s we actually still call it the Tupperware cupboard. However I am OCD with keeping it staked and pretty when you open the cupboard doors.

Accountability: Great yesterday but still no gym do to appointments and what not. I'll be back on Monday. Being out from surgery as far as I am of course weight loss has slowed down so I don't realize sometimes that it is still coming off. So yesterday I went back and looked at a post from 1 month ago and I actually lost a little more than 3 pounds this month. So it is nice to have the record to look back on here on OH.

TSS 1 year 10 months 7 days 139.2 lbs

CB: Dark roast coffee with and SF pumpkin spice creamer with miralax and fiber

MS OIKOS BLUEBERRY YOGURT, Egg bite,

L: pork and sauerkraut Volpi Baby bell spiral wasabi almonds kalamata olives.

D: Mississippi pot roast quesadilla ( we may go out will see.

LS Gloria jeans Toffee coffee and Aldi SF French Vanilla creamer

Everybody have a great weekend.

Brightest Blessings,

Since surgery I been wearing my hair curly DH Loves it but I like it straightened Isn't that common for people with naturally curly hair. But it was so frizzy when I would straiten it from all the damage and loss from surgery I was better off not heating it and damaging it any further. Well last night I was at the hairdressers and I think my hair is back to what is was pre surgery . So here I am straight hair and my new glasses.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics