What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 11/5/19 2:03 am, edited 11/5/19 5:21 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Happy Tuesday! I am not looking forward to literally any part of today. Here are the lowlights:

• I am heading to the RMV this morning.
  • I have to travel to the furthest part of Boston away from where I live (past the airport) and it's raining, so it's probably going to be 3+ hours...
  • I have a ton of things to do, but I have no plan to work between meetings, so I am not sure how to get it all done.

...send prayers!

But on the plus side--look what I found at Costco this weekend! A new egg bite flavor! I will try them this morning and report back :)

Accountability: Perfecto, except for those last few mini Twix that landed in my mouth after work. But there is officially NO MORE candy in the house. Grim and I are going to be crabby while we sugar detox, but thank god there is nothing left!

QOTD: Are you okay with sticky or wet hands? Blech, I hate getting anything on my hands and immediately move to wash and dry. I was playing with my coworker's 3 year old kid at work yesterday and he had sticky hands that were actually sticking to paper. I couldn't believe it didn't seem to bother him!

Since I am going to be on the road all day, I am going to grab the Starbucks Protein Box to snack on while I drive around.

**REPORTING BACK ON THE EGG BITES! They were tasty, but I prefer the original, I guess... The bacon is more of a "flavor" than an actual piece of meat, so it felt a little less substantial.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 11/5/19 2:40 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Party muffins-lol. JB- I hope your day goes fabulously well with no issues to complicate your plans. I am still on-call for jury duty and have to call back again after 5:00 tonight.

Yum- those egg bites look delish!

Accountability: I had a Starbucks coconut milk latte as a treat.

QOTD: NO WAY!!

TSS: 5 years 2 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, 1/2 an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Real good food breakfast sandwich and carbmaster yogurt

D: BBQ chicken pizza on 1/2 low carb lavash/SF BBQ sauce/cheese and chicken, small salad, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with SF jelly and butter, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and cup fiber cereal

E: Not sure on how long/fast my run will be today but I'll start a little slower than normal so maybe 5 miles and 40 mins (maybe longer if I cut my running duration)elliptical.

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1490 Protein:135 Carbs:110 Fat:63

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

MadisonRose
on 11/5/19 3:19 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Morning all! Today we have people from the new company coming in. The hospital I work for is changing ownership and they are coming in to shadow us and see how things work. So we gotta be on our best behavior. We were told that they don't expect any layoffs, but these things always make me nervous! So a fun day ahead. Other than that we are throwing one of our coworkers a surprise baby shower today.

QOTD: I cannot stand sticky hands and have to wash them immediately!

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: turkey and cheese roll up

D: salmon and Brussels sprouts

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 11/5/19 5:19 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good luck staying on your best behavior, lol!

Erin T.
on 11/5/19 4:00 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! Today will not be a banner day for food. I have a day long work retreat and lunch with our associate vice chancellor and she suggested a bagel place for lunch. I may dig up a salad or just eat the bagel, we'll see - it really depends on what's offered for breakfast at the retreat.

QOTD: Nope, I don't like wet/sticky hands. I clean my hands a million times while cooking for that reason.

My Food:

Pre-Breakfast: Coffee w/ Cream x2

Breakfast: TBD, but last year they had fruit and hard boiled eggs so I might go with that.

Lunch: Bagel w/ Cream Cheese or a Salad

Dinner: Chicken and Asparagus

Snacks: TBD, but maybe an apple w/ PB later

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Queen JB
on 11/5/19 5:23 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I was complaining to Grim about all of the food-related activities at my new office and he asked me if they have a gingerbread house hiding in the back somewhere... Ha! That's just how it feels--they are fattening us up for something!

White Dove
on 11/5/19 5:45 am - Warren, OH

I had one boss who started stopping on lunch hour and buying me a bag of spice jelly beans. He said that I worked faster when there was candy on my desk. That was more than 20 years ago.

It is easier to get people to sit in meetings and to work harder and overtime if there is food involved. Your office knows that. It is a great way to motivate people but not much help when you are trying to eat healthy.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 11/5/19 4:03 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

off to the university's annual Diversity Forum today and tomorrow. They've sponsored it for several years and I think I've only missed one. They always have great - and usually well-known - keynote speakers and some good discussions to boot. Looking forward to it!

I made fish tacos for the first time (I think...) yesterday, and they were great. I was hoping to have them again tonight, but DH polished them all off. Guess he was hungry. Crap. Plus - fish ain't cheap. I took another pound out to make them again later this week - hopefully it'll last longer!

accountability was good yesterday. Down 3 lbs this morning - although this never seems to have much rhyme nor reason...

QOTD: nope! I can't stand sticky, dirty hands!!

4 years 5 months out:

B1: protein shake, coffee with half & half

B2: they always have breakfast items at the forum, but not until around 9:00. I'll pick up a thing of yogurt and some fruit (they also usually have pastries and/or bagels - I"ll pass on those...)

L: I don't know what they're serving, but it's always buffet-style so I can take what I want. I'll be good!

AS: they usually have cookies as the afternoon snack. Nope. I'll take a protein bar or an individual-sized bag of nuts with me

D: ?? Dal for sure. I may also stir fry some veggies in spices and add some paneer cheese (for an Indian-style dish). Or else we can have a salad with diced turkey and light salad dressing.

have a great day, everyone!

Queen JB
on 11/6/19 1:51 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Recipe for the Fish Tacos?

Also, I don't know if you have a Trader Joe's nearby but you can't beat the prices on fresh frozen fish!

catwoman7
on 11/6/19 3:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

here you go. I also bought a bag of shredded cabbage and put that on the tacos as well....

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/fish-tacos-352 976

I'll check out TJ's! Good idea!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 426 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 258 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?