just checking in--life updates!

artchikk
on 11/6/19 5:03 pm
RNY on 02/12/18

hello friends!
I thought about just posting on the menu board but I was afraid nobody would see it since it's so late in the day.
It's been a while...a few months since I had a chance to stop by and check in here but I have a few minutes here at home so I figured I would post a little update and check in with everyone! :) I miss you guys!
They blocked OH on our firewall at work so now I cant access the site from work, but I feel like coming on here daily for the first year and a half post op to check in with my daily menu for me was the perfect start to a lifetime of good habits...tracking my food, making sure I don't fall off the wagon too far after a "treat" and also learning that everyone here has ups and downs and the key to true long term success is just going to be diligence and accountability.

So I made it to goalnweight and a few lbs extra, and I have been maintaining at 143-146lbs for the past few months, feeling great and I recently just got a promotion at work after being there 10 years and never even attempting to move up because of my own insecurities and anxiety...but my supervisor resigned last month and she recommended me to take her place...so I interviewed and the new CEO of the company said he was very impressed with me and he is excited for me to take on this new role...and I have to say as scary as this change is for me, I am really excited and proud of myself for going for it. I truly feel like losing the weight has changed me in more ways than I can express, and there are nothing but good things I can say about my weight loss surgery experience. I'll be 2 years post op in February and I've lost over 180lbs, had perfect labs at my physical last week, started running a few months ago and it feels incredible...I really am a completely new person....and I never realized how unhappy I actually was before until I just wasn't anymore.
Looking at old photos of myself just makes me feel so sad for that person I was, trapped inside that body for so long...I am sure everyone here can relate to that.

Anyway, I really do miss you all...and any of you who haven't already, please feel free to find me on fb or instagram @artchikk where I've been posting all my daily fashion inspiration and we can keep in touch.

Wish me luck in this new job--I am sure I will be stressed for a few months, learning all the new things and trying to be a boss which I've never had to do before, but i still need to keep myself accountable and not use food as a comfort or stress relief so I will do my best to check in once in a while.

Much love OH friends! XoXo

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Emiepie
on 11/6/19 5:38 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Yay!! All good stuff. Thank you for checking in.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 11/6/19 6:20 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Hi Amber! Congrats on the new job!!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 11/6/19 8:20 pm - Warren, OH

Great post. I am so happy that you are moving up in your job and have all the confidence gained from the weight loss. This is what the surgery is supposed to do, change your body and your mind. I believe that many years in the future you will look back and realize that having surgery made all the difference in how the rest of your life turned out.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 11/7/19 1:20 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Awesome updates! So happy to hear it is all going well. Check in when you can... you are missed!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Sheila_H
on 11/7/19 4:37 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Yay, Amber! So happy for you and all the great changes in your life. Funny how our self confidence changes and it shows in our attitude and people notice that. Congrats again on your promotion. I do enjoy seeing your outfits everyday.
Have fun and enjoy your new responsibilities.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

karenp8
on 11/7/19 4:56 am - Brighton, IL

All exciting news! I love following your fashions on facebook. You have such a great eye when it comes to putting outfits together. I wish I had fashion sense. I have a thin body now but absolutely zero idea what to put on it. I know you'll be amazing at your new job and don't be a total stranger here either! Congratulations on all you accomplishments!

Partlypollyanna
on 11/7/19 6:17 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Amber, so good to get an update on you! Congratulations on the new role and how you are really embracing your new life and opportunities; you are amazing! I always tell my mentees when they start something new it's a 3 month cycle - the first month, you're just excited and drinking from the firehose; the 2nd month you have a lot of "oh my gosh there's so much i don't know why did I take this job" moments, and then the 3rd month you start getting confident and competent....moving to management takes it to a 6 month cycle with a bit more time moving between the three stages -- but you've got this -- you'll do great!! Congratulations and good luck - check in when you can!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 11/7/19 8:15 am - Warren, OH

That is so accurate about adjusting to a new job. And the person who took your place will be going through the same thing.

I found out that after about two or three years, I wanted the challenge of taking on a new position again and would start the learning cycle over. I liked the excitement of learning something new and the satisfaction of the higher salaries.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 11/7/19 6:51 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You are missed. I don't do FB or IG so I hope that you take to time to check in here when you get a chance. Glad your life is so exciting. Your a great inspiration and deserve all the good coming your way. Congratulations on hitting goal. We miss your Story Stories. She is such a cutie like her mom. Good luck dear with the job. You got this.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 216 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics