What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 11/9/19 1:42 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Saturday, everyone! How's kicks?

I went to be toooo early last night because I was exhausted, but of course that meant I have been up since 3am. I wish I was like Kelly and had the inclination to use the extra hour to exercise, but... nope. I fed the cats, grabbed a cup of coffee, and crawled back into bed to read the entire internet :) I will, however, spend at least 45 minutes on the elliptical machine this afternoon... promise.

I am heading out to my eye doctor for a 10am appointment. It's over an hour away close to where my parents live, so I am going to have brunch with my mom afterwards, then will take advantage of being in the neck of the woods, and run my errands out there :) Other than that, no plans!

Accountability: YESSS! 4 days in a row with not a carb or sugar crystal in sight. Go me.

QOTD: Do you have a hobby you have always wanted to try but never did? I really never learned to play a musical instrument and wish I did. I faked my way through clarinet lessons as a kid, and self-taught myself a little piano as an adult, but I would love to take lessons. I'd really love to learn the violin/fiddle most of all!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 11/9/19 4:31 am, edited 11/9/19 12:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I had to laugh when I saw that meme - I often think of breakfast while I'm falling asleep at night. That, and the fact it's only one sleep until my morning coffee!! (I LOVE mornings - coffee and breakfast!!! My favorite time of day!!)

I managed to make it to my film discussion group yesterday, but that's it. I probably shouldn't have gone, but the conversation was great (the people LOVED the movie (it was one I suggested, so I was really happy) and we spent most of the time actually discussing it rather than goofing off, as we so often do) (btw - movie was "About Elly" - a 2009 Iranian film). The rest of the day I was mostly home in bed, coughing away. I hope this crud starts heading out today...I'm getting really tired of this.

accountability wasn't horrible, but calories were too high (restaurant lunch). Better today!!

QOTD: I also wish I was musical. I've taken flute lessons (as a kid) and guitar lessons (as a young adult), but didn't keep up with either one for very long. My brother is super musical and has lots of musical friends, and I really enjoy hearing bluegrass and old time bands when I'm visiting him - so maybe stand up bass so I could play with them (it doesn't seem like it would be as difficult to learn as banjo or mandolin and whatever else they play. Plus, bass players always look cool...) (edited to add they play fiddle in that genre, too - which I've considered - but I'm afraid it would take too much effort to learn!)

4 years 5 months out:

B: plain Greek yogurt with homemade berry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: Beyond sausage in a Flat Out Fold It wrap

AS: L&F yogurt and/or raw veggies in ranch Greek yogurt dip

D: fish tacos

have a great day, all!

NYMom222
on 11/9/19 4:53 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Mmmm breakfast. I decided I am going for breakfast and second breakfast today. I have my Jamocha Shake already in blender and will be having eggs with the last of my pork carnitas.

QOTD: I have played lots of instruments- I wish I had played them well. Piano- violin- guitar - hammered dulcimer.... One of my favorite childhood memories is standing by the piano singing while my mother played.

Soooo I went to Planet Fitness last night.... The good - Clean, people nice. tons of machines and that hydro massage lounger. The not good- I do not mostly use machines. They did have the few machines I use... but they did not have the large barbell you can attach weight to. I had no idea. That maybe a dealbreaker for me. You can only do those type of exercises on a Smith machine- where you are locked into a guided path, so actually do not have correct form. Sigh. I have a pass to LA plus they are opening a Crunch Fitness. So will check them out.

Eats:

• Jamocha Shake
  • eggs and carnitas
  • chicken on salad with roasted veggies
  • dinner TBD
  • S: veggies, protein

Ex: Rest Day working 12 hours today

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

catwoman7
on 11/9/19 8:28 am
RNY on 06/03/15

you may have posted this before, but what do you put in your Jamocha shake?

karenp8
on 11/9/19 6:03 am - Brighton, IL

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday so wanted to do it now before I got busy with other things. Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do 2 more later. Accountability I am so proud of us as we got all our walks in yesterday even the 5 am at 18 degrees one! I did eat a cookie at bedtime that I didn't need. Weight today is 121.2. Here's the food plan for the day B 2 protein pancakes with sugar free syrup L 4 oz seafood salad D 4 oz turkey meatballs S if needed L&F yogurt. Have a wonderful day full of smart and conscious choices everyone!

MadisonRose
on 11/9/19 6:16 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good Saturday morning all! My mom is heading over in a bit to go shopping with me to find some warmer clothes for our trip next weekend. Since all my fall/winter clothes are too big for me now. Thankfully I won't have to buy much since my mom and her sister gave me a lot of their clothes that they cannot wear anymore. Blows my mind that I can fit comfortably into a large top now when just a few months ago I was in a 3x. Then we are meeting my brother for lunch to celebrate my birthday.

QOTD: I have always wanted to get into gardening. I'd love to have a garden full of beautiful flowers! Unfortunately I don't have much of a green thumb like my mother does. I'd also love to get back into playing the piano. I used to take lessons years ago as a child, but would love to pick it back up again. I just don't have the time or a piano at the moment. Lol

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: Either steak or shrimp of some kind with a salad.

D: Probably leftovers from lunch or something light like another premier or L&F yogurt.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

mschwab
on 11/9/19 9:05 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Goodness, it has been forever since I posted. Work has been crazy and my life has just gotten out of my hands. I am so tired when I get home that all I want to do is watch trash tv and go to bed early. I have got to make some changes.

I am still lazing in bed with Layla. She has been fed, so is content to hang out. Pic below.

This weekend should be fun, though. This morning some girlfriends and I are going to holiday open houses at two of my favorite stores, and then lunch. The ultimate girls' day. Then tomorrow morning is brunch with a group of neighbors. So, tough food days but it will get me out of my head.

QOTD: I wish I had continued with guitar lessons and French classes. I really regret not keeping up with French the most.

5 years post RNY:

B: Extreme Wellness tortilla, 1/2 oz. jalapeño cheese and 3 oz taco meat.

L: I have no idea since I am eating out.

D: 4oz chicken breast, shredded brussel sprouts

Hope everyone has a great day!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Queen JB
on 11/10/19 1:56 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi Layla!

Yes, please keep up your French so that we can retire in France and not look like tourists. I will pretend to be mute ;)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

peachpie
on 11/9/19 12:43 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hey RNY'ers!! I'm out and about running errands wishing I were hugging my pillow. Dang kids needing clothes and school stuff lol.
I also bought compression sleeves for my calves. Thoughts are mixed if they are helpful for runners- but I need something to ward off the cramps and tightness so I'm trying them. I'm gonna totally lounge once I'm home.

qotd: can't think of anything I was interested in trying. I know me- once I get past a basic understanding I'll lose all interest.

accountability- I've gotten past my hang up on chips, my newest nemesis has been donuts. Ugh! Neither held my interest much pre-op. My weekends are usually pretty loose since I burn so much running- but I want to lose 7# by race day.

m1: egg, baconx3, 1 slice French toast

m2: Szechwan green beans w/Chicken(left over from lunch yesterday)

m3: cheese burger

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

White Dove
on 11/9/19 1:56 pm - Warren, OH

What my doctor recommended for leg cramps is an over the counter pill called Leg Cramps. I was skeptical but they work. Compression should also help. If they are really bad, I used Aspercreme, but don't like to do that, since it could cause ulcers with my RNY.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 222 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views