What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 11/12/19 7:26 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yes! We got a good haul for great prices! Woot!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 11/12/19 5:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

ARRRGGGHH! I was doing fine yesterday with calories until I went to that meeting last night, and they had pizza there. Crap. Blew it. Last time they had things like chips and cookies, which I can usually ignore (they had raw veggies last time, too, so I just ate a bunch of those instead. No raw veggies this time). I wish I hadn't eaten dinner before I went, then a couple pieces of pizza wouldn't have been so harmful. But... The rest of this week is going to be challenging foodwise, too - lots of meals out. I hate this!!!

it's freezing cold out, and DH's car is in the shop, so he's taking my car to work. Stuck here. Ugh. I'll have to miss my beloved class again this morning. Mah Jongg this afternoon - luckily a fellow Mah Jongg player said she'd pick me up en route. At least I'll be able to get out of here for a few hours.

QOTD: I don't do concerts much anymore - or really listen to music much anymore. Weird since I was always glued to my stereo when I was a teen and young adult. I don't know - maybe Elton John? Although I do really like traditional Appalachian folk music, some bluegrass, and Celtic folk - so maybe something like that?

4 years 5 months out:

B: plain Greek yogurt with homemade fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: either a salad with diced chicken and light dressing, or a fish taco

AS: probably should take a protein bar or some nuts to Mah Jongg in case anyone brings an unhealthy snack (one woman does occasionally. I don't need to be tempted)

D: dinner out with a friend. I have GOT to stay on my plan!!!

have a great day, all!

Partlypollyanna
on 11/12/19 6:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

When I was in nashville last month, my aunt and I had a drink with the base player from this little celtic band we saw; he told me that in east tennessee there is a cavern that they've turned into a bluegrass venue....that sounds like it might be right up your musical alley. I do want to try to get to it at some point -- I can't remember the name but i googled underground bluegrass venue tennessee when he was telling me about it.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 11/12/19 7:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I bet my brother knows that place! I'll ask. He's a semi-professional musician (and an instrument builder) who specializes in traditional Appalachian music (mostly old time. He knows a lot about bluegrass, too (which technically isn't traditional - but very much associated with that area)). He lives in western NC, so east TN is close!

catwoman7
on 11/12/19 7:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I wonder if this is it?

https://thecaverns.com/

Partlypollyanna
on 11/12/19 7:31 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Yes, that is the one! He was raving about it and I think it sounds very unique.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 11/12/19 7:44 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yes it does! That's actually a hike from where he is (he's in the northwest corner of NC), but it might be worth a trip there sometime. He has a girlfriend who lives in Knoxville - maybe the three of us can take a trip down there when I'm there next. Cool!!!

Teenie
on 11/12/19 6:53 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I would pay to be stuck in my house for a day. I'd kick on the fireplace and just chill. Sorry that you feel stuck but some of us would love the luxury of being home for a day.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 11/12/19 7:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

back when I was still working, it DEFINITELY would have been a luxury!

Dcgirl
on 11/12/19 5:50 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Julia and everyone! Ugh I am sorry you have a cold again! That seems to be happening too often. Are you a person who obsessively washes hands and uses hand sanitizer? Sometimes I think the people who are really germ-free get more colds. I am middle of the road and don't get sick often (knock on wood).

QOTD: I have a very good friend from high school who works at Ticketmaster so when I used to live back in Michigan, I frequently got amazing seats for concerts. Best ever - front row for Fleetwood Mac. Literally life-changing. Right now, I would say Beyonce. I saw her from some high-up seats four years ago in Baltimore and she slayed it!

B: iced coffee with half and half and sugar-free vanilla almond syrup, followed by leftover tuna made with mayo, onions, pickles

L: leftover cheesy chicken soup

D: air fryer chicken wings, plus fries for Kris

S: perhaps mini peppers with greek yogurt ranch seasoning

Have a fab day, everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?