What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 11/30/19 3:21 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello Friends! I am getting exciiiiiited--the weather forecast for Sunday - Tuesday is ramping up into a real snow storm (the forecasters are using the word "bomb cyclone"!) and I am starting to get excited that schools might close on Monday. A five day weekend is just what the doctor ordered for me!

We had a fun day yesterday-- we went to see Knives Out (two thumbs up, so funny! Oh and surprise--it was filmed on my home town...I recognized everything!) and we mostly just relaxed from hosting duties. Today I want to run errands and do some wood working. The idea of two MORE days after that is so wonderful I can hardly stand it.

Accountability: Meh, I had a little more popcorn than I planned, but the rest of the day was on point. No exercise at all though. I need to move today!

QOTD: Did you get any good Black Friday deals? How far into your holiday shopping are you? I didn't shop all day, but at about 8pm I went onto Amazon Prime and panic shopped for a few good deals. I am 99% done with all of my shopping for the season anyway. I am basically just let with trying to shop for my dad who has had multiple strokes and is basically blind (but won't admit it). He was hard to shop for before his disability, but now it's basically impossible... Any ideas?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 11/30/19 4:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

eating was on plan yesterday and exercise was great - two water fitness classes yesterday morning plus walking the indoor track. Today - yoga. And also today - on plan. Down 1.5 lbs, 2.5 more to go. Hopefully it'll be gone by Monday...(it's mostly water since it's all come on in the last three days). I'll also be roasting turkey bones today and making turkey stock. And making yogurt, too.

QOTD: I bought several yak shawls when I was in India, two of which will go to the "moms" (my mother and my MIL) and possibly one to my sister. I have yak scarves for the men (oddly, all the winter scarves were men's scarves - I totally would have stocked up on colorful women's scarves if I'd have found any! And yak sweaters, too - I was hoping I'd find some. But no luck....). I also bought four or five colorful throw pillow covers while I was there - so someone might get one or two of those. I also bought a canvas purse with an elephant on it - and a small red canvas backpack with an elephant on it - so maybe one or both of those for my niece. I still need to buy a couple more things for the moms (I never spend much money on my sibs and niece - but we do spend more on the moms). I'm thinking maybe a DNA testing kit for MIL, since the rest of us have all tested (although I asked her about this the other day - since some people are uncomfortable about that idea. She said she's going to think about it, which leads me to believe maybe this isn't the best idea...). So in other words, no - I'm not quite done yet!

4+ years out:

B: Greek yogurt with fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: vegetarian chili or salad with diced turkey

AS: L&F yogurt

D: turkey with gravy, vegetables, L&F pumpkin yogurt

have a great day, all!

Partlypollyanna
on 11/30/19 4:59 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, I was trying to decide if I would see Knoves out or 21 Bridges today so you've helped me decide!

My mom is visually challenged as well and I got her a kindle with audible (And our all my audible books on there too) and a Bluetooth speaker last year, is that an option for your dad?

Qotd - for me, I had been considering checking out Noom and they had/have a Black Friday sale for 80% off so I signed up for that. I'm very interested in the behavioral options, will report back how it goes. I think I'm about half done with my shopping overall.

I have found an SF gingerbread syrup and and SF eggnog so I might make some SF pudding and flavor it with those today.

menu

coffee with half and half

egg bites

cheese and pepperoni mock pizza

pudding or light and fit

have a great Saturday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 11/30/19 7:10 am - Warren, OH

I agree with a Kindle for your dad, if that is something he would use. Get him the 10" screen. It is so much easier to read than the smaller ones. Also get a cover that turns the Kindle off when you close the cover. It is such a convenient feature for a person with vision impairment not to have to click it off and on.

The sound is also vastly improved on the new Kindle. With the Kindle you can make the font bigger and also listen at the same time. It is a great gift for a reader.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

MadisonRose
on 11/30/19 9:16 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Happy Saturday all! I have been good all week with accountability....even Thanksgiving Day I watched what I ate and only had a small bite of dessert just to taste it. Even came home on Thanksgiving and got my butt on the treadmill. However....Friday after work things kind of went downhill. I was too tired to workout and had an awful headache. Had leftover turkey and trimmings that evening for dinner and a L&F yogurt for snack. I later decided I was still hungry and sleepy, but rather than go to bed like a normal person I figured I'd have a cup of coffee which normally satisfies my hunger which probably really wasn't hunger to begin with. After that I had a craving for chocolate so had not one but two Russell Stover sugar free chocolate candies. Then as if that wasn't enough I ate half a bag of skinny pop popcorn.....that stuff is too addicting! I normally don't keep that kind of stuff in my house for that very reason, but it was in one of the goody bags I got from my co-workers for my birthday. So yeah...definitely fell off the wagon there. Today I refuse to go there again! Gonna be healthy choices all day!

QOTD: I was able to get something for my dad and my brother. Also got a few things for myself that I really didn't need, but couldn't pass up the deals and that's what happens when I impulse shop. I kind of know what I'm getting the rest of the family. My mom is the hardest to shop for, but I think this year my brother and I are going to split the cost and give them a weekend getaway for their anniversary which is in February. My brother and his girlfriend will be moving into their new home in December so I'll be getting them a few things for their new house. Already have my best friend covered....got her gift a couple weeks ago. Just gotta get my co-workers something and a random gift for a woman for our family Christmas party. Other than that I'll be finished.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: either leftover turkey or a L&F yogurt with granola

D: probably leftover salmon and veggies

Hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Ninabeena
on 11/30/19 1:11 pm
RNY on 11/27/19

Day 3 after surgery and feeling better.

QOTD:I haven't done any shopping yet but once I feel up to it I will definitely be shopping.

B premier shake

16 oz water

L 2oz cream of mushroom soup

16 oz of water

Dinner another premier shake

more water

snack probably some more soup or broth

exercise: oh yeah I'm a savage lol walking every hour :P

Partlypollyanna
on 11/30/19 1:31 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Welcome! Sounds like you are making good strides!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

karenp8
on 12/1/19 5:40 am - Brighton, IL

I'm back! Went home for Thanksgiving and ended up getting the flu. Didn't feel like eating or posting but finally feeling better today. Accountability was good yesterday and Miss Lily and I did 2 long and one short walk even though I felt totally puny. Weight today is 120.4.Yeah I've been sick. Not the way to get the weight to drop though! QOTD I don't do much holiday shopping just the in laws and the youngest and Rudy and his new wife,Dani. Hubby bought his present yesterday--a new pistol on sale. Next he'll need a new gun safe. Lily and I have 2.5 miles done already this am and will do more later. Here's the food plan for the day B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz seafood salad D 4 oz pork tenderloin S if needed L&F yogurt shared with Miss Lily of course! Time to switch the clothes and find a cup of coffee. Have a great day full of healthy choices everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 443 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404