What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 1/11/20 3:48 am, edited 1/11/20 3:51 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Hope everyone had a stellar week and a great weekend planned. I need to get myself organized so that I can walk out of the house with lunches already packed and outfits already chosen, because I am about to head into 2 really crazy weeks of 12+ hour days (with 4 hours of commuting on top of it).... so this weekend will mostly be about prepping for success. I have been sooooooo good about sticking to my plan, and I don't want these few weeks of insanity to derail me!

Accountability: Nailed it. Yesterday was my 14th day of perfect compliance and carbs under 20. I ended the day at 765 calories and 17 carbs.

QOTD: Is anyone else a little obsessed with Harry and Megan's decision to leave the Royal Family? What do you think? I am definitely a little obsessed with this news. I am a self-confessed royal watcher and have a pretty solid knowledge of the Windsor family and all of the trials and tribulations they have been though. I think it is really sad that racism is forcing them out of their country and family! How is this still happening?? Harry's life has been written like a tragedy so far, so I hope this decision brings him happiness, but I am also so sad to see the royal traditions and line broken.

I really can't post a full menu, yet. I don't have any food in the house to make a complete day with low enough carbs.

But so far...

• Sipping on Protein coffee mixed with Miralax and hoping for the best there... Maybe an egg before I go to the gym?
  • Mom is coming over today, so lunch will probably be out? I will go for a straight protein.
  • Dinner is a mystery. If I eat low enough carbs today, I have some frozen breaded fish or veggie burgers I can heat up and have, but if carbs are too high all day, I will need to go shop tonight and get some meat.

Exercise: gym day, plus some outdoor walking. It is going to be 66 degrees today!!!!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

supershopper
on 1/11/20 5:29 am

Hi all

my plans this weekend are to help dh install the floor so we can sleep on the big bed and go to the gym both days. Also the nutrition shop in town is having a contest where you weigh on their body scan machine and the person male and female that lose the most body fat in 6 weeks wins 2500$. And I need to lose so what the hey? Nothing to lose there except fat... winners all around. So I have to weigh in today or tomm. Whichever I feel like.

another scale drop but i think it's more related to cycle not anything I did other than stay under macros- or close to-

food plan

coffee

water

shake

apple protein muffins

lunch will be out with dh

also need to grocery shop- need Splenda peanut powder etc.

i do t remember the qotd.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Partlypollyanna
on 1/11/20 6:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That contest sounds perfect! It's part of your goals anyway and may give you big $!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 1/11/20 6:12 am
RNY on 02/14/18

QoTD - JB, you are truly one of my tribe! I am obsessed! So awful the amount of revision she's had to deal with. Their leaving is probably the best for them, and now that Wills has three backup heirs, Harry's role is really just ceremonial. I think they are getting so much flack because the "power" people are just shocked that they aren't willing to deal with the abuse to play their games. Harry and Megan have the $ and options to leave so good for them. Also, perhaps let H&M do what they want and deal with the pedophile in the previous generation! I know it won't happen but in my version of happily ever after, Prince Phillip release a statement saying "good for you, enjoy Canada" and that's the end of it! (Like I said, obsessed here).

I'm headed to aerial yoga with a friend, then we're doing brunch with another friend and tonight I'm meeting another friend group to see 1917. It's a good day of friend energy which always recharged me...tomorrow is a chill at home, read and relax kind of day, which I need periodically. I'm trying to build in one day like that each month (and also keep it internet/technology free).

brunch is at bacon social house so I will have a bacon flight and coffee for brunch.

dinner will be at home before the movie and I have some kasseri cheese that expires this week so I'll have 2 oz of that.

will take a protein bar for the movie

have a great Saturday and Sunday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 1/11/20 6:26 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we got about 2" of snow overnight, and more is expected starting this afternoon and ending tomorrow morning. They're calling for around 6" overall (what we have plus what we're getting). Ugh. Although I guess I shouldn't complain since it's been a pretty mild winter so far....both temp-wise and snow-wise.

my weight is back up to where it was a couple of days ago, after a nice drop yesterday. Ugh. It could just be normal fluctuation, though, since calories and exercising have been great the last few days. It could also be the exercise, though - I know it's common to have a slight weight bump after starting a new program (if you haven't exercised much in awhile). And I've been doing weights after a very long hiatus so... I may have to invest in one of those scales that measure body composition, because if the gain is coming from muscle, then I'm OK with that. It may help me not to stress out so much every time I put on a pound or two (and I know the exercise gain can also be water in addition to muscle, since your body holds on to more water when you start exercising)

nothing on the agenda today since the weather won't be conducive to going out. I'll be making biscotti for a potluck I'm going to tomorrow (hopefully the roads will be fine by then) - and maybe chili for next week's lunches. It'll also be the perfect excuse to actually work on some of the stuff I've been procrastinating on - like, Christmas cards, for example!

QOTD: I've followed it somewhat - but not obsessively. Yes it's sad they feel they have to leave - and I'm sure a lot of the negativity is due to racism, which is REALLY sad. Although Harry has always been a bit of a renegade, so this'll probably be easier on him than it would have been for William. But still...

4 years 7 months out:

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and homemade blueberry sauce, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: plant-based "bratwurst" with sauerkraut in a Flat Out FoldIt

AS: raw veggies with hummus or ranch Greek yogurt

D: salad with diced turkey and light dressing

exercise: probably none today - unless I get motivated to do some exercise video in my basement...

have a great day, everyone!

karenp8
on 1/11/20 7:04 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! It was drizzling when Miss Lily and I started our walk but we stuck with it and did 3.7 miles. The rain stopped about halfway through. We'll do another mile later today too. Accountability was spot on food wise and we did three short walks at breaks in the heavy rain. Weight today is 120.2. QOTD don't keep up with the royals at all so this was news to me. Good for them though at doing what makes them happy. Here's the food plan for the day B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 2 protein pancakes with sugar free syrup D 4 oz baked fish. Have a great day full of smart and conscious choices everyone!

Laura in Texas
on 1/11/20 7:16 am

Happy Saturday, everyone!!

QOTD: I love Harry and Megan. I wish them well. What a tough situation for them. I cannot imagine all they are going through.

11 years post-RNY

Goal- lose 30 pounds of regain (-7.8 lbs/22.2 to go)

I went to my weekly WW meeting this morning. I did not lose anything this week. I have been staying under my 30 points. I also tracked on MFP and I seem to be averaging 1200 calories a day. I used to be able to lose at 1500 but maybe my age and metabolism are catching up to me (dammit!!). I will stay the course one more week and if I do not have a loss, I will cut back next week.

I have to take our puppy to the vet today. He has been sneezing and not eating much. Hopefully it's just some sort of upper respiratory infection and we can get some antibiotics.

Later we have a celebration of life for my daughter's 4th grade teacher. We were also friends and she lived in our neighborhood. I truly believe she saved my daughter's soul. Sarah had a horrible 3rd grade year. One in which I had to sue the school district for due process (the district finally came around before our court date). The next year Sarah had the best teacher in the district and my faith in humanity was restored. We are so saddened by her death (fuck you, cancer).

I plan to stay on track today with my eating and steps. My big goal is to drink more water (bleh).

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

White Dove
on 1/11/20 2:43 pm - Warren, OH

Are they giving you any advice at Weigh****chers? I am on the Blue plan and 23 points a day. I lost four pounds my first week. Nothing so far this week.

Last January I had 30 to lose. I did WW until June and lost 20 of it. Then I quit tracking. I gained 5 by the end of September and another 5 over the holidays, so started this year 20 over goal.

I am giving myself until June and think I can drop it by the end of April. It is hard after the first big losses, but I expect that. I plan to do the Blue plan another week and then switch to Purple.

Just to keep it interesting.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Laura in Texas
on 1/11/20 7:08 pm

Not really. We did talk about zero point foods today and how we can't think of them as "free" because they have calories. I asked how many zero point foods most people ate and no one would give me a number. WTH? I have maybe 3 zero point foods a day (veggies and maybe one fruit).

I am on green right now but will probably track on WW and MFP for a while. I like the meeting I am going to. The leader is good and the people are nice.

I am hoping to lose it by June but will still be happy if I lose it by August.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

White Dove
on 1/11/20 8:04 pm - Warren, OH

Last year I was eating a lot of zero point foods but they did not have Green, Blue, and Purple. Everyone had 300 zero point foods to choose from. Somedays I did not use any points until dinner. Breakfast of egg, strawberries, yogurt. Lunch salad with chicken breast, hard boiled egg, tomatoes, carrots, greens and zero point dressing. Snack of corn, peas, cherry tomatoes, apple, or orange.

Now some foods that were zero points have points on the Blue plan and/or higher than last year. Last year zero point foods were unlimited, this year they are saying to limit them. So it feels more complicated this year with the colors.

The first day I had a bowl of peaches packed in juice at breakfast, thought it was zero points and it was five points. Now they are only zero points if you rinse and drain the juice.

The idea is that if you normally eat an apple, you don't eat 15 apples because they are zero points. That was not something i would do, but I guess that is what happened with some members. I think I am understanding on the Purple plan you only have 17 points but most foods are lower points than on the other plans.

My week ends on Thursday and if no loss this week, I am changing to the Purple plan.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 325 views